MIX's Trigger weight diary – September 1st 2018

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Right, this is it. Trigger weight (randomly taken as 2 stone over my target, although I am still in my size 12’s, so the damage is minimal) has been reached and a new plan implemented.

Week 1, starting today will see no more than 1600 calories at weekends, and an FMD at 800 for the weekdays. Week two will be a more conventional 2:5 with weekends at 1600, and I hope to continue that until the end of September, when I will start 800 a day, until I reach my target again. I discovered that although I have still retained my less sweet tooth, I still have a near insatiable curiosity about whether I still like things, so have been snacking far too much and too much white stuff has crept back in. I will also be trying to go more Keto with 20g or less carbs on 800 days and 50g on 1600 days. FMD days are 20g or less carbs, 15g or less protein and all plant based. Everything will be logged as I had almost totally stopped weighing and logging as well.

I will also attempt to make 10,000 steps a day for every day other than badminton days, as this is something that I have never managed.

Posting on here will hopefully keep me ‘honest’ and starting weight is 12 stone 9.7 pounds (it did drop a bit after hitting the trigger).

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Day 1 to target, but planned low protein FMD week moved to week 2 due to ‘life’ getting in the way. Weight now 12 9.0 so not much movement yet, and had some sushi today at lunch, though chucked most of the excess rice. Ready to start week of OMAD or two meals a day, no alcohol, no snacking and hoping to make some gains. I am about 1000 steps short today so will make use of the cross trainer again. Will keep on keeping on.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Sunday went okay too, except for a distinct over carb total, courtesy of finishing up the sushi I had in, although not as bad as recorded I think as I did chuck some of the rice as I said yesterday. Overnight weigh in 12 stone 8.7 pounds so still headed in the right direction. Monday is ending up a little over calories, and at 37.5g of carbs, not as planned but still should be Keto. 2 days so far at just over 10,000 steps, although I had to top both up on the cross trainer. Also got the 2kg weights out for a bit of arm exercise while I was doing that so feeling quite pleased with myself.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Day 4, and some of the water is finally shifting with a 2 pound overnight drop. Badminton today, so not too bothered about making the steps but will go for a short walk this evening. Arms are aching so the combination of weights and badminton is definitely doing something. Off to my parents tomorrow night after my second badminton night for a bit of Tour of Britain watching but mum has been primed with my requirements, so should have plenty of salad and stir fry stuff in. At least I should get plenty of steps done. Still not managed to get a sub 20 carb day yet though.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Day 5 and another 1.8 pounds overnight. 800 days are drifting up a little to 900-1000 days but keeping up the principles and will be keeping an eye on this. Last weight update for a while as I am away until Monday now and will not be packing the scales to take with me. Today’s eating is planned, tomorrow and the rest of the weekend will depend on what is available at my parents or I can buy when I am out. Down 6.6 pounds so far in 5 days. Successfully fitted into at least one pair of work trousers this morning for my first day back in ‘uniform’ so happy with that. I have been wearing jeans/shorts all summer which is I think how some size increase crept on almost unnoticed.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

My two week weigh in follows 5 days of FMD at around 800 calories (my usual vagueness on actually sticking to what I’ve planned). I have my first big mini-goal hit ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€. 1 whole stone, exactly 14 pounds down from my trigger weight which I hit just before I started this period of dieting two weeks ago. My body has relearnt quickly how to manage on such low calories and I did three sessions of badminton this week without feeling any adverse effects. Weekend ‘off’ but logged now, and aiming to stay below 1600 each day, then back to more conventional BSD on Monday. I am keeping this up until the end of September at least, October will be either more of the same or possibly full ‘sober in October’ 800 a day for the whole month if I feel really keen.

Please log in or register to post a reply.