Milk

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ceridwenevans
    on

Hi I am planning to start the BSD tomorrow. Can’t see any mention of milk, I usually use almond milk (unsweetened) in my porridge. But like semi- skimmed ordinary milk in my tea and coffee. Is this allowed?

• posted by Mariet
    on

Yes it’s allowed, just log it. The recommendation is full fat but if you prefer semi skimmed it’s fewer calories but marginally more carbs. I’m not sure of the values for almond milk. Good luck ☺

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Drink heavy cream in your coffee — 1-2 tablespoons — 50-100 calories and satisfies for hours!!! Best part of the BSD experience for me!! LOL

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

I allow for a full fat homemade latte each day and still manage to keep within 30g carb. Shouldn’t be a problem.

• posted by ceridwenevans
    on

Thanks guys, I’ve just checked – Almond milk =zero carbs in 100mls, Semi-skimmed milk 5 carbs in 100mls!! Almond milk it is then!! Hope this works, first day today!!!

• posted by Violet888
    on

Thanks guys! It’s very helpful to me. I’m going to try it!

Please log in or register to post a reply.