Menu planner creating shopping list

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by dawesn
    on

A suggestion. With the library of recipes it would be really helpful if a user could select recipes into a week’s plan, indicate how many people need to be catered for and then to press the button to get the choices converted into a shopping list.

I don’t think this feature exists at the moment.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I don’t think that exists anywhere to be honest.
    If it did I suspect it would save a fortune on weekly shopping bills.
    Of course, if you have the IT skills to do it…….. 😉

• posted by Songster
    on

I’ve created one (taken from the essential items list in the recipe book). If I could find a way to upload it here, I’d gladly do it…

• posted by KiwiMike
    on

Songster
    i’d love to see the list.
    cheers
    KiwiMike

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Songster if you put it on a google sheet you could post the link to it and all could access it.
    Sounds like you’ve spent a lot of time doing something very valuable.

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

Songster were you ever able to upload as I would love to see it too
    Pretty please x

• posted by Caroline R J
    on

I would love this too please. 😊

Caro

• posted by Robert
    on

I should have added that I created this as I wanted a way to create a menu plan with the Carbs and Cals I wanted. I was less interested in creating a shopping list as it always varies against what in your cupboards. It could be enhanced however.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wow, Robert! That’s a very impressive creation, it must have taken hours of work to put that resource together. Should make putting together meal plans much easier. Hope you find it simplifies following this way of eating for you.

• posted by Robert
    on

Yes I plateaued after three weeks and wanted to drop back to a low carb variant of the F800/Blood Sugar diet and it was proving really laborious to try and create a plan with the right amount of carbs in it. I find the recipes in the those books much more palatable than the usual low carb/Atkins offerings.

So a couple of afternoons doing data entry and a third fiddling with excel formula and voila.

Hope it is useful for others also.

If anybody makes any useful additions either to the recipes or he spreadsheet let me know and I’ll update the master copy.
    Robert

Please log in or register to post a reply.