Menu planner creating shopping list

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by dawesn
    on

A suggestion. With the library of recipes it would be really helpful if a user could select recipes into a week’s plan, indicate how many people need to be catered for and then to press the button to get the choices converted into a shopping list.

I don’t think this feature exists at the moment.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I don’t think that exists anywhere to be honest.
    If it did I suspect it would save a fortune on weekly shopping bills.
    Of course, if you have the IT skills to do it…….. 😉

• posted by Songster
    on

I’ve created one (taken from the essential items list in the recipe book). If I could find a way to upload it here, I’d gladly do it…

• posted by KiwiMike
    on

Songster
    i’d love to see the list.
    cheers
    KiwiMike

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Songster if you put it on a google sheet you could post the link to it and all could access it.
    Sounds like you’ve spent a lot of time doing something very valuable.

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

Songster were you ever able to upload as I would love to see it too
    Pretty please x

• posted by Caroline R J
    on

I would love this too please. 😊

Caro

• posted by Robert
    on

I should have added that I created this as I wanted a way to create a menu plan with the Carbs and Cals I wanted. I was less interested in creating a shopping list as it always varies against what in your cupboards. It could be enhanced however.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wow, Robert! That’s a very impressive creation, it must have taken hours of work to put that resource together. Should make putting together meal plans much easier. Hope you find it simplifies following this way of eating for you.

• posted by Robert
    on

Yes I plateaued after three weeks and wanted to drop back to a low carb variant of the F800/Blood Sugar diet and it was proving really laborious to try and create a plan with the right amount of carbs in it. I find the recipes in the those books much more palatable than the usual low carb/Atkins offerings.

So a couple of afternoons doing data entry and a third fiddling with excel formula and voila.

Hope it is useful for others also.

If anybody makes any useful additions either to the recipes or he spreadsheet let me know and I’ll update the master copy.
    Robert

• posted by haybabs10
    on

hello Robert,
    Your meal planner is excellent. It’s a fantastic tool for those of us who want to follow the 800 BSD. Are you willing to let people have a copy?
    I’d be happy to pay for this wonderful meal planner.
    Best wishes
    Barbara

• posted by Robert
    on

All the instructions to make your own copy on the the first sheet named ReadMe. Select File then Make a Copy from Google Sheets

• posted by haybabs10
    on

Thank you Robert, that’s very generous of

• posted by Robert
    on

No problem, enjoy
    Good dieting!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Robert, does this mean you are still around. How are you doing. This post goes back to when I first started in 2016. Looked at the spreadsheet and it is way too complicated for me but might be of use to others.

• posted by Robert
    on

Yep still here (I think 😉 I had to move off the full low carb diet as I could not get it to work for me and exercise. Whenever I go Low Carb I just can’t run or climb hills. I still mix it up with a couple of Low Carb meals a week. Going a slower route to getting the last few pounds off.

All the best

• posted by xx1flump1xx
    on

Hi Robert….found your planner amazing and thank you for sharing with us,it will be a godsend for most of us.I would like to know where I can find the 8 week recipes ? I have done a search on here but nothing,nor on the net,I browsed the book online but none of the 8 week recipes on your planner were in the menu ? Hope you can help

• posted by Robert
    on

All the links to the books are on the first sheet at the bottom of the page, I think? Let me know if any of the links don’t work.

• posted by xx1flump1xx
    on

Yes all your links are there and work,but what I’m after is the ingredients and how to prepare the meals listed online if that’s possible as the 8 week ones you have in the spreadsheet are not listed in the 8 week book ?

• posted by Robert
    on

I am confused. There are two 8-week books.

8wd, 8-week diet, The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose weight fast and reprogramme your body
    8wr, 8-week recipe, The 8-week Blood Sugar Diet Recipe Book: Simple delicious meals for fast, healthy weight loss

I did not add any recipes from the 8wd into the spreadsheet as I had enough. The ones from the 8wr book on on the pages listed in the book. Can you not find the correct recipe at the page listed for the 8wr recipes? The ones I used worked, but I may have had some typos if there are any specific errors let me know.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

the 8 week BSD recipe book is the companion to the 8 week BSD diet book. There is also the fast800 plus the fast 800 recipe book. All very similar and by the same people.

Please log in or register to post a reply.