Many Thanks to Supportive Families on eating New Recipes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Emptynestmama43
    on

So last night I fixed asparagus with baked chicken and for our sugar free desert I made Stuffed baked Apple Cheesecake and I also made a sugar free caramel sauce. I was very proud of my dessert and my family loved it.
    I have to really SHOUT OUT to my family because even though they did not choose this BSD Way of life they are fully supporting me and they are trying new recipes along with me and and my daughter who is tiny by the way has even joined in eating what mama fixes for meals. I just want to that other people’s family members who are taking this journey with their loved ones, The meal makers who have decided to go with the BSD WAY Of LIFE.

• posted by thepolly
    on

That’s so supportive and a side effect will hopefully be that they don’t get stuck into carb-addiction. Well done to you all ๐Ÿ˜€

on

This is my first fasting day on the diet and I did well till lunch time .
    I started looking for very low carb to no carb snack recipes.
    I don’t know if my will power is strong enough to do the two day fast but I feel determined! Even though I did fix a recipe of low carb almond flour flaxseed Parmesan crackers and ate a handful that’s it I stopped and re focused .
    I MUST DO THIS I HAVE TO . . I’m drinking water and fresh raspberry leaf tea . I need more Strength!!!

• posted by thepolly
    on

Snacking on healthy things is much better than grabbing anything so definitely the way to go. Finding things to do to distract yourself from dwelling on food helps. I’m still thinking about what time I’m going to eat but weirdly it isn’t because I’m hungry – just habit.

Those crackers sounds lovely but I’d be worried that I’d eat them all.

on

Well it’s almost 8 pm and I did not eat anymore of the crackers I made
    thepolly thank you for your input. I stuck to my fast today except for my handful of the low carb crackers, my energy has plummeted though I keep drinking water and raspberry tea I’m waterlogged I’ll be glad to eat tomorrow but then Thursday is my day #2 fast . I must find a better Inspiration and become more determined and focused! As I stated before I MUST DO THIS AND NOT FAIL!

• posted by thepolly
    on

I’m not sure why you are fasting though? I tend to eat between 11 and 8 but fasting isn’t a requirement of this diet. Could you link the recipe for the crackers please ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi thepolly
    Fasting is part of Dr Michael Mosley’s BSD way of life. See page153 in the book. He also wrote the Fast diet, explaining there about the benefits of fasting. He says “There are health benefits from short periods of fasting. Fasting also reminds me that I can control hunger & that it doesn’t control me”.

I have a daily fasting time of 14 – 16 hours. I eat 2 meals a day within an 8 hour period if I can to maximise the benefit of this diet. I’m not usually hungry inbetween meals.

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Don’t forget that there are three different types of diets being used with people on this forum. I sometimes get puzzled at people’s comments because I’m doing the blood sugar diet ie 800 cals a day and I don’t do any fast days – others are doing the 5:2 so do have fast days – hence the sometimes differing suggestions and concerns. Once I’ve lost all my excess weight (keep positive!!) I will revert to the 5:2 now knowing the fasting days will be easy for me as I’m used to a low calorie intake.

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

Oh by the way – will have lost 3 stone on Monday (just one more 1lb to go) in 14 weeks – yaay!!

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

That’s a great weight loss Tallyhoo, what an achievement! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Tallyho, fantastic weight loss!

I do my own version of fast 800 since I hit the weight I want to be – i just eat the BSD way with more calories and no starchy carbs at all. I haven’t had to rethink what I eat – just slowly added more until I was happy I wouldn’t put weight on. My GP was happy with the weight lost and how I lost it ๐Ÿ™‚

Sounds like we had the same weight to lose! I lost 3 stones too ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by thepolly
    on

sorry, was confused. I know the 5:2 is a fasting diet. I tend to eat by 8pm and not until 11am next day so it may be a sort of fast.

Well done Tallyhoo and hashimoto, brilliant weight loss both.

• posted by thepolly
    on

Hope it’s all going well, Emptynestmama43, ignore me – I was giving dubious advice ๐Ÿ™ but Eureka is quite right ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Hi thepolly, hashimoto, cherrianne, and eureka;
    I’m sorry I haven’t been ignoring anyone I usually am extremely busy and can only check in about every other day or sometimes every 2-3 days.
    I am not real computer savvy thepolly and am not sure how to put links to recipes in my replys or posts yet so I will just write it out for you in a moment.
    I love you guys! I am on CLOUD 9!!!
    This coming Monday will be the beginning I think of my third week on this diet. It was slow going for me getting started but NOW, NOW!!! I am thrilled to tell you all that I weighed on this morning and I am down from 212 pounds to 199 pounds!!! I have increased my water intake drastically in the last 3 days and am in amazement at the weight that is falling off of me!
    I have been maki g my husband eat this diet along with me do that I did not have to cook for him separately,and also because my hubby is also overweight,
    He hasn’t stuck to the diet as I have when he is out at work he sneaks in things on his lunch break that are not on the BSD plan , but I am still pleased to report that he was excited for me but he also has weighed in and to his suprise He has lost a total of 5 pounds on the BSD plan. I am hoping that since he has witnessed my success that he will maybe get a little more serious and become more dedicated to yhis BSD plan and not cheat so that he can see an awesome drop in his weight as well. He has dropped from 258 down to 253.
    And he carries it all right in front like a basketball it’s wierd because I don’t see him carry it in his legs or arms only his face and belly and butt.
    His legs and arms are very very muscular…???
    Anyway let me get back to you thepolly with the cracker recipe.
    My love to ALL!
    Emptynestmama43 OUT!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Emptynestmama43
    Very well done to you & your husband. My husband willingly joined me on my diet & has lost 21 lbs & 6 inches off his waist, now 34″. Great when that happens & easier for cooking too. Hope he keeps with you on this

on

ALMOND FLAXSEED CRACKERS

1/2 cup almond flour(meal)
    1/2 cup flaxseed flour(meal)
    1/2 cup water
    1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt

1- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit
    Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
    2- Mix all the above ingredients together
    3-place the dough ball on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
    Then place a sheet of wax paper on top of the dough.
    4- using a Rolling Pin roll the dough out to about a 1/8 inch thickness.
    5-Remove the wax paper then using a knife score the dough into bite size pieces and it make indentations where you will break the crackers apart once they are baked.
    6- Bake the dough 15-17 minutes and keep check so they don’t burn.
    7- Remove your lovely homemade creation and break apart into individual crackers.
    PRESTO YOUR DONE
    ***my doggies loved them as much as I did too!

• posted by thepolly
    on

Brilliant results for you both. It is amazing what upping the water can do. I will really enjoy the crackers and thanks so much for posting.

Today I made some chickpea salt n vinegar munchy things but they are far too nice and picky. Probably should have waited to make them after my diabetic clinic on Monday – ooops.

I’ll post the recipe for them on the recipe page but I’ve no idea how many calories/carbs they contain.. probably too many for me to be munching them so much but at least they are low GI and not as bad as other things I could chow down on. I’ll follow your lead and drink more water I think

So glad it’s going well for you and hope your hubby gets on board too!!

Polly x

• posted by Izzy
    on

eek Polly! I divide them up into portions and put them in the fridge! I use a 400g can and split it into 3 portions. Each portion approx 100 calories and 12.8g carbs. I’ll be making more later I love them too but they are easy to eat you are right about that.

I’m lucky my family have actually liked some of the new things I have come up with, I’m grateful to my husband for his support, but unfortunately he is one of these athletic lean body types and he genuinely needs a lot of calories including (good) carbs. So generally I will still make extra for him so we can both be healthy.

Please log in or register to post a reply.