Making June joyful and judicious : One week at a time beginning 30th May 2023

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Do you like the title ? 😉

A new month is about to begin .Whatever happened in May ( celebrate the victories, move on from any blips ), here is a fresh start if you feel the need to change things up

I have had a few birthday and anniversary occasions this month but no visitors for a while . This feels like a positive time of year with sunshine and fresh salads and veg readily available . Let’s be positive and grateful !

Kev, welcome ! I reckon exercise works only if you enjoy it as Julia/Californiagirl has demonstrated .I never think in terms of calorie deficit but more for well being and staying fit and as active as possible .

Enjoy your holidays, preparations, visitors , it’s important and as SG says just keep on keeping on !

Be judicious and joyful 😉

Wendy , sunshine girl and Sunny still in Turkey xx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Good afternoon Wendy & I’m keeping on going! Thank you.
    Margaret

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi all,

Well, 7lbs down, settled in at around this for about 5 days…..still not super low on the calories every day but recording everything most days….also NO off-plan snacks or meals…..I feel better and all that water bloat has gone…..another stone and a half to go in total, but I guess I am aiming for another half stone by my July hol and about another 5lbs to my August hol…..errr….yup, got to really work on it.

Hope everyone’s ok, loving this warm sunshine, altho lots of plant watering to do!!

Love to all,
    Clare xxx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

I’ve been away for the weekend & have gained 3.5 lbs in weight which doesn’t surprise me because I always gain weight the moment I eat away from home. The diet starts again! June is going to be very difficult with more family & social events awaiting me that enjoyable they will be but despite my best food & drink choices will sabotage my weight loss efforts!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, sorry I havent been around to help Wendleg to support you. Seem a bit thin on the ground – excuse the pun.

Great you are still around Wendy1947. I had the same problem, things tend to scupper your losses when you are not in control. Example, spend a day in Rocamador, a beautiful hill top village and ate a rather touristy based meal of confit duck with chips – bleh…. Then went to visit a cave which is 75 metres underground so lots of stairs and steps. Arrived home at around 9pm with nothing prepared. Oh but there is the Asian food van in our village. Get there hoping for a healthy stirfry but he has sold out. Saw another van at the side of the road so stopped there (by now it is neary 10pm) all he sells are burgers, pizza and chips. So thats what I had.

I will declare my new weight and goals on the new thread but Tulip, I think I know where that 7lbs you lost has gone – straight to my boobs and midriff. Only good thing is a did lots of walking, climbing stairs and swimming. Bad thing is for 2 days after the cave visit I was practically unable to walk.

Will see you all tomorrow.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I know, I know, I am late again
    New thread coming up xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.