Lunch ideas

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by HollyUK
    on

Can anyone suggest some ‘on the go’ lunch ideas? I’m often at home for lunch so can prepare something, but I have quite a few days coming up when I will be either in the car or in someone else’s office and want to take a packed lunch. Something that is easy and quick to pack and can be eaten on the go? Thanks!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Holly, I have just had one of my favourites, tuna and cream cheese dip with veggie sticks. In the book it is sardine dip but I hate sardines. Whip it up and take it in a tupperware (old name) and chop a load of veg (red peppers, celery, cucumber, carrots) into strips and stick them in a plastic bag. No need for plates or knives and forks, just dip the veg in. Yum

• posted by DebC1
    on

Natural yoghurt, berries and faked almonds.
    Cottage cheese and whatever (tomatoes, veg sticks etc)
    Or just fruit

on

Soup, take in a flask (or more modern appliance). I love the apple and beetroot and also the spanish chickpea with chorizo and spinach.

on

skip the apple and beetroot with beans soup, just worked it out at 39 carbs.

• posted by HollyUK
    on

Thanks for the ideas so far. Want to build a collection of ideas.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

My favourite lunch to take to work is hummus (50g) and vegetable sticks.
    cals: 219kcal | fat: 15.11g | carbs: 14.68g | prot: 6.06g
    Includes: Red pepper, Carrots. Raw, Sugar snap peas, Hummus.
    I do the same as Sunshine-girl and just dip the veggies in and scoop it up – lovely.

on

Chicken and bacon quiche – 4 lean rashers of bacon, 6 oz of chicken breast or meat from thighs, 8 oz cottage cheese, 4 eggs , Chop and cook chicken and bacon, mix into cottage cheese, whisk the eggs and add to meat, chicken, cheese mix, mix thoroughly. Pour into a baking dish and place in oven at 200C for 20 mins or until set and you have a quiche without the pastry base. Feeds 4 or can be frozen is slices for another meal or snack. Comes to 200 cal and 2 carbs per quarter quiche. Found this on Facebook but cannot acknowledge where from as the site just says free recipes. Just as good cold or cut a portion in half for a snack.

• posted by GrumptoGlam
    on

I like a little platter…
    Pastrami (or your fave cold meat)
    Olives
    Feta
    tblsp Hummous
    carrot sticks
    any salad items you like…. always get jealous stares from colleagues as I dip and munch my way through it :0) – highly tasty and satisfying. It also works if Im caught short at work as I can buy packs of all the above at whatever supermarket Im near, have a picnic and take the rest home for another platter day!
    LOVE the quiche idea, Im going to have a go at that. thanks x

on

I have just had my lunch of:

Spiralized courgette, cherry tomatoes (my garden is full of them), cucumber, spring onion, red pepper with grilled hallumi and 1.5 slices of ham (saving half a slice for snack later) served with olive oil, lemon juice, mint and yoghurt dressing.

All through it I kept saying hmmmm hmmmm this is delicious, hmmmmm hmmmmm I just love my food. My husband was sat there with his ham sandwich with 3 gherkins and said ‘shut up’.

• posted by loopylou
    on

Loving the sound of your quiche Sunshine Girl. Will give it a whirl tonight

on

Loopylou, having made the chicken quiche I would not put the bacon in with the rest of it but lay it out like a lining, or use very fine cut proscuitto ham and use it like your pastry base. You get more of the bacony flavour rather than losing it in the mix.

Tonight from the recipe book (just arrived) I am making chicken drumsticks coated in yoghurt then coated in chopped nuts put in oven to bake. The recipe says coat with mayo but I have run out and will save a few calories with the yoghurt. I love cooking.

Please log in or register to post a reply.