Low-carb wraps OK? Newbie query

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by chicagobear
    on

Hi!

New to BSD, but familiar with low carb/sugar way of life. Unfortunately, carbs don’t suit me, so I have been avoid the white types for years, but am interested in BSD Med plan as I like all the foods in the recipes. I am in big no rush to lose the stone I am currently wearing and trying to find a plan for life. I tend to eat wraps now and again (breakfast wrap or lunch wrap) and wondering if using these commercially produced wraps was acceptable.

I want to know if anyone is using low carb wraps ? Mama Lupe or others?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Chicagobear – welcome! A low carb alternative, I make thin 2 egg omelette wraps in a 14″ pan. I make a batch of 4 or 5 and keep them in the fridge for the week ahead for lunches. 🙂

• posted by BeanSprout
    on

Hi CB
    I bought “Mission” Low Carb Wraps the other day. There are 11.3g of arbs, 0.4g sugar, 7.1g of fibre.
    The portion size per wrap is 48g so I’ll be cutting them in half and filling with some yoghurt and salad and a bit of garlic salt.

Great idea from Kazz as well, thanks for that 🙂

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi chicagobear, as you dont want to lose loads of weight or lose it fast or have any blood sugar issues, there is no reason why you cannot have a wrap ‘now and then’. The Med diet is not low carb but encourages you to use good carbs only as a small side dish rather than in English meals where you pile your plate high with rice or pasta to go with your curry or bolognaise. The Med diet allows things like the brown varieties (pasta, rice, wholemeal etc) or some other healthy choices like quinoa. As you said, you want this to be an eating plan for a way of life so you dont want to deprive yourself too much. If it wasn’t for the diabetes I would probably have a bit of carb now and then. Unfortunately, even the good stuff plays havoc with my BG. Good luck.

Please log in or register to post a reply.