Low carb low cal, does it have to be?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Emjomo
    on

Does it really have to be 800 cals to work.?
    The diet doctor recommends low carbs with no calorie counting.

Any thoughts?
    Em x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Emjomo
    Welcome to the forum. There are folks on here, who have not calorie counted and just kept an eye on carbs. For me the 800 makes a difference, as when I have not kept track of the cals, the pounds haven’t shifted. To begin with you might try keeping the carbs to around 50g a day and see how you go. If you find you are making good progress stick with it, if not you can shift to the 800cals. If the idea of getting down to 800cals scares you, let me assure you it is very doable.

Whichever approach you decide on, remember that you still need to drink plenty and include fats, as these are sating and will make you feel full more quickly and for longer.

Good luck – keep us posted and shout out if you need support.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Em it is a low carb 800 calorie diet BUT
    I’ve never counted calories, just carbs
    I found that my appetite decreased so much that I am eating much smaller portions and that seems to take care of the calories.
    Of course if you eat far to many of them, it will affect the diet, it’s really one of those personal things that you work out from experience.

• posted by EliseB
    on

Hi Em,
    I’m only 10 days in but I haven’t been too strict on calories at the moment. I measure it all on MyFitnessPal but it’s usually over 800, although never more than about 1100 and sometimes around 900 or so. I think the key is that everything I’ve been eating is natural, healthy, low/good carbs and plenty of (good) fats and water.
    I am prepared to need to be stricter with the 800 and lower carbs though if I start to hit plateau in coming days / weeks!
    (7lb down so far of about 30lb to lose)

Please log in or register to post a reply.