Looking for a diet buddy.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by California Sunshine
    on

I’ll be starting my 8 week BSD the day after Christmas and I’d like to find another beginner that I can be accountable to.

Thanks.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi California Sunshine, welcome and hope you find another newbie to join you. We have a weekly thread starts every Tuesday called One week at a Time, starting…… date. Feel free to join in on that, it is a mix of people who have been doing this forever like me and everyone in between.

• posted by Rainey
    on

Hi California Sunshine. I’m not exactly a beginner. I’ve been at this some months. But I am another California girl if that counts for anything. And I’m going to have to start all over again after Christmas too.

I’m in the Los Angeles area. Where are you (generally speaking, of course, don’t dox yourself)?

on

Northern California. I have to do this, my doctor is threatening insulin!

• posted by Rainey
    on

You’ll be so glad you chose this route! Really! It won’t be long before you’re really feeling the difference. Getting the habit started is the most difficult part. I’ll be glad to keep you company.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

From one sunshine to another, please please try not to go onto insulin. It is very difficult to turn back from it. I was very ill with the oral meds so didnt have much of a choice but I gained 15kg in 6 months. Even though I have been doing this diet for over 4 years – because it really does work at keeping BG low – I doubt I will ever be free of the daily insulin injections. There are other pluses to this diet in that I have the lowest cholesterol I have ever had. Tested last week and it was 3.7. Reduced all other meds and even had BP of 110/70. This is not just a weight loss plan, it is a life saver.

on

Thanks so much. Making my grocery list and going to the market in the morning. Tomorrow will be my first day, and I’m actually looking forward to it.

• posted by RedRooster
    on

I hope you are managing to do ok – I’ve done it once before 4 years ago, and have used intermittent fasting generally since (Until lockdown in the UK where I ate and drank whatever I wanted) hence the need for another 8 week go – My blood sugars skyrocketed and insulin was threatened – It certainly focusses the mind

on

Thanks for the encouragement! I am able to be on tract with my eating, but I am losing very slowly. I am a senior so I think that is normal.
    I have been pretty much in lockdown since last March 11. At first, thinking it would be temporary, I ate as I pleased. However, as time has passed, I realize that this is the golden opportunity to shed some weight. Lockdown or lock-up,
    has created kind of a controlled environment. No invitations from family or friends to dine out, and no invitations to anyone’s home.
    I need to take longer walks on good weather days.
    Good luck to you too!

Please log in or register to post a reply.