Long time on program?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi all,
    Would love to chat with someone who has done this the longest and lost the most weight. Getting keys from this people would be great information I think.
    Anyone?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi HappyLife

I’m one of the old-timers. Started the BSD on 19th December, still on it – just finished 19 weeks – and planing to stay on it at least until I lose the rest of my excess weight.

In that 19 weeks I’ve lost 51 pounds (approx 40 still lo lose). I’m 65, type 2 diabetic (diet controlled but threatened with Metformin before I started BSD). My fasting blood on starting was 10.9. Now it is within normal levels. My BMI ha gone from 40.9 to 32. I’ve dropped 3 dress sizes.

In the 19 weeks I’ve had a holiday and a residential conference where it was difficult to count calories, but I stuck to the principles of the diet – low carb foods, Mediterranean style eating.

I think all us old-timers would say to stick with the plan – low carb foods, drink lots of water.

Any questions, just shout.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Captain Lynne!!
    Thanks so much for your wise overview as I really wanted to hear from someone like you with experience on this plan. Perfect information and your advice is well appreciated!!
    💜

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi HappyLife

You are welcome. That’s what we’re here for – we’re all learning as we go along and pass our experience on to those starting out. There are two threads on here ‘over the 8-week line and beyond’ and ‘over the 16-week line’ that you may find interesting. Next thread will be at 23 weeks as I’m on holiday at week 24!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks so much Captain Lynne, I am still figuring out the threads so appreciate the guidance!
    💜

Please log in or register to post a reply.