Last few days run up to Christmas, week beginning 17th December 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Ok so we all have our eyes on Christmas and New Year…hopefully not too stressed and anxious about temptations ??

Californiagirl posted a very useful message for those preparing to start BSd and maybe thinking of postponing until January. I am reposting here because it is such good advice .This week can still count !!

I read some great advice today for those who might be WAITING to start the BSD as a New Years resolution (is that you?๐Ÿ˜Š):
    No marathon runner ever steps up to the start line in a race without training. You should do the same with your New Year resolutions โ€” use the next couple of weeks as your trial period! You donโ€™t have to do it perfectly, you can still have a beloved Christmas treat, but go ahead and start practicing as much as possible โ€” you arenโ€™t going to fail because you are just practicing!
    And when the New Year arrives, you will have a good understanding of what needs to be done, and most likely, have WAY less to atone for than if you had just partied as if there was no tomorrow all through the festive season.
    Start today!!!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone.Thanks for starting a new page
    Im on board to keep on track over the festive season. Im determined to stick roughly to plan.my menu is bsd friendly if I miss the pavlova.I find it too sweet anyway.I keep reminding my self that Im not a diabetic yet but if I eat wrongly I will be.When I ordered a skinny iced latte no icecream , no cream .The waitress tried to convince me to add calories but I felt good saying Im a diabetic.its a health issue.thats my new mindset.I may not control portion size on christmas day.Other than that its only 1 day in the yearsnd the company of family is more important than indulging in over eating.

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi ladies, Im also on board.Dont know if ill post much in the next couple of days, im painting newly installed privacy screens on our back verandah but ill try to get on here.At least while im busy im not eating ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Everyone that is going away and not able to post anything..I hope you and yours have a fantastic and low carb Chrissie and a safe and happy New Year xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on keeping the ball in play, Wendy! I confess this last week has been so hectic, I have given little thought to my previous pledge and won’t be making one for this week. However, I will do my best to keep control and not stray from the BSD line …. or at least, not too far!

Whatever you are doing, I’m wishing you all the very best of the season ๐ŸŽ…and that we’ll all be back with renewed vigour in the new year. ๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธ

• posted by wendleg
    on

A quick message to say I hope everyone is ok, especially our Aussie friends sweltering in the heat.
    This last Week is flying by. A few more parents to see tomorrow and then I’m done. Hubby leaves for the Uk in the morning, fortunately not using French trains ๐Ÿ˜‰ I find the transport disruption stressful…but hopefully I will get away on Saturday with no cancellations !! At least I will be travelling light as hubby will be taking my luggage in the car .
    I have a long day at work tomorrow so a good time to slot in an extended fast before the holiday. I doubt that will happen again for a couple of weeks ๐Ÿ˜‰ but I can’t face breakfast these days so I think that will continue.

I really hope everyone is happy and well as Christmas beckons I would love you to pop in and say hi but I understand it’s a busy time .Have a great time everyone, enjoy simple pleasures and being with people you love xxx

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi all,
    Just a quick post to say, stay safe and happy and come back when all the madness of the next few days are over for another year. I wish you all a merry Christmas with
    Love, light ,happiness and low carbs . ๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธ

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone – Like Waitaminute, I just wanted to pop on and wish everyone a very happy Christmas, and Wendy, safe travels today and hope you have a great time with your family. xx

• posted by Riccoh
    on

My mantra is” a little progress each day adds up to big results”. I will certainly be doing my best to stick to the plan over the next few days. A loss would be great but I want to at least maintain what I’ve achieved so far. I have a long way to go. Happy Christmas to everyone from Sydney, Australia.

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Hi, I too am guilty of going quiet on the forum lately. Have really lost the plot with regards to BSD. Just too much temptation at this time of year and I’m afraid I’m not yet strong enough to resist so I’ve just given up and given in…….and gained a stone.
    But I will be back in January and more determined. I did it last year in January and hope I can do it again, but better!
    Anyway, in the meantime I just want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year. Hope you all have a lovely time whatever your plans.
    Hope to still pop in over the holidays but, if not, will catch up with you all in the New Year x

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

Hi, I know itโ€™s been a while since I posted but just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I think weโ€™ve all earned a rest with our efforts on the Fast 800 and elsewhere. Come January it will be a year since I started my journey with this WOE and I know I wonโ€™t be the only one.

Best wishes to all!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Folks, I hope everyone enjoyed their winter solstice celebrations if they are based in the UK / Europe.

I did my shopping for Christmas week yesterday, a carefully planned time of stepping off the waggon. The first time for a long time that I have had a shopping trolley where it wasn’t just a layer of food at the bottom of the trolley but a couple of bottles and the only pizza and bread n a year (pizza for Christmas Eve, part cooked bread rolls to have with cream cheese and lots of butter for breakfast on christmas day) – I was still the odd one out when I looked at the overflowing trolleys of others, but not completely at the opposite end to everyone else.

I know the weight will pile on but after a couple of years on this way of eating I am confident that come January I can come back down to earth. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by MelBelle
    on

Just sneaking in to say hi, and glad to see others who are thinking ahead about enjoying Christmas feasting without overdoing it, firstly in the week leading up to, and then on the day itself.

Iโ€™m at my goal weight, but feel I could and would like to discard another kg. Obviously not going to happen this week ๐Ÿ˜€

Small portions and TRE is my strategy for the next couple of days.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone ! I am safely in the UK…having successfully negotiated the trains and planes and am thoroughly enjoying a relaxing time with family…I have been reunited with my son…lovely !
    No panic about Christmas foods..I plan to adapt and find my treats. I have found my greens so I am happy ๐Ÿ˜„
    Enjoy the festivities everyone. It’s not my place to “nag” right now but I will happily do so if you need some motivation in January. ๐Ÿ˜˜
    I hope to see lots of our regulars checking back in in the New Year …
    I will be out and about but will look in on the forum as often as I can.
    Very best wishes to everyone..whatever you are doing and wherever you find yourselves and very special thoughts to anyone struggling right now xxx

• posted by Elky
    on

Just popping in to thank you all for your encouragement, advice, support and humour since I started this in May. Iโ€™ll be off doing family things over the holiday period, but will definitely be back online in the New Year.
    With very best wishes for a happy Christmas,
    Hugs, Elky.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just a quick check in from the UK to say I hope you are all having a great time and creating special memories with special people . I remain unfazed by pies and buns but cream is another story…as is the delicious Godiva 90% choc I find totally irresistible here. Fortunately for me ๐Ÿ˜‰they dont sell it in France !
    I am enjoying the break…hope everyone is well and happy to check in once the festivities are over xxx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Also sending all best wishes to all as we roll towards the New Year. Seafood platter was delicious on Christmas Day – I ended up putting it together myself; lobster tails/langoustines/jumbo prawns/dressed crab/smoked salmon and caviar (not sturgeon…). Not entirely carb free as had blinis and baby boiled potatoes. But very easy and much less stressful than trying to get turkey and all the trimmings on the table at the same time! Oh, and the cocktails were delicious! I made the tangerine sorbet; a doddle, then whizzed up in blender with tequila and prosecco….Christmas Day was gloriously sunny in London, so a lovely day all round. Boxing Day saw family round for lunch (macaroni cheese and sausages…), good to see them. I see there have been lovely positives – and Verano I think your idea of setting a vision for 2020 is grand. I am already planning meals for January to get firmly back on track and by the end of that month I hope to have discarded the 4 lbs I have put on, then to get on with a stone or so….Looking forward to nagging/support on here! xx

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi everyone.I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and is ready for a good new year.I did indulge for a few days a bit more than planned .now Im starting to get back on track.Happy New year to you all.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone. I have one last day in the UK before I fly back to Toulouse on Saturday. Then it’s back to work and my usual routine…
    I hope you have all enjoyed the festivities …it’s a special time of year . I have loved spending time here and catching up with family. It will be nice getting back to our own space and the cats all the same ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Just to say I will start a new weekly thread from Monday evening so we can all have a 2020 reboot if needed ๐Ÿ˜‰. Don’t forget we are stronger when we support each other xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Safe journey home Wendy. Looking forward to a new weekly thread.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just to say I am back home and about to set up the new weekly thread . Looking forward to catching up with our regulars and anyone else who wants to join in a weekly challenge, please do !!

Please log in or register to post a reply.