Lamb Stuffed Eggplant

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JenniferG
    on

I made this recipe yesterday, my 2nd out of the book (previous being the portabella toast stuffed with cheese & nuts).

Proud to say it was a HUGE hit for my boyfriend and myself. I never thought eggplant could taste so delicious! I’ve only ever eaten it sliced, dredged in flour and fried like chicken (which didn’t taste nearly as good).

The flavors again just melded in our mouths, along with the textures. I could eat this kind of food the rest of my life. It literally feels like food that heals each bite we take.

We’ll be making the portabella toast and these stuffed eggplants very often. What should we try next?

Anyways I didn’t have lamb on hand , no pine nuts either so this is what I did:

Roasted the egg plant with sprinkled salt & olive oil for 20 mins.

Fried up some minced onion with the cumin, paprika and cinnamon, along with plenty of salt. Threw in ground pork in place of the lamb and browned nicely — slightly caramelizing onions in the proccess. Then added pistachios instead of pine nuts and flax seed instead of pomegrante seeds (didn’t have those pomegrante seeds as well); along with the tomato paste.

Then spoon it in the eggplant and roasted 10 more mins. Garnished with thinly sliced scallions.

• posted by Timmy
    on

Steak with creme fraiche and peppercorn sauce. A MA ZING

Although it will take up over half of your calories, but it is well worth it!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Yes, I loved the aubergine recipe, I hadn’t had it since the 70’s when you had to salt and soak it to take away the bitterness. Now, I believe they had that fault bred out of them. I have had most of the recipes in the book and the only ones I don’t like are Beetroot falafels and anything with fish, prawns etc.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Bought the ingredients for this too, sounds delicious and liking your version too, JenniferG!

• posted by Avila
    on

Impulse brought an aubergine plant at the garden centre today where it was reduced and has fruits already growing…. so I will be looking for good recipes for harvest time! Thanks for the recommendation.

• posted by TiggerB
    on

I had this for my tea last night, almost as per the book, and it was lovely but came out a bit oily – I’ll try it again but may be with lean mince.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

This was indeed awesome!
    Had it for tea tonight with green salad and was quite full…

• posted by Frog
    on

i love aubergine – sounds a bit of a “wintery” recipe – I’ll try to remember to look for it later in the year.

• posted by Carolg
    on

I recommend Izzy’s Hunter chicken recipe —- It’s GREAT. I make full amount of sauce and put half in a jar in the fridge for another day.

Please log in or register to post a reply.