KJ's journey to weightloss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Hi from New Zealand everyone, I started this last Monday. weighed in at 137.6. Today is Friday, and jumped on the scales to see if anything is happening and already a loss! Will post my starting weight for the week each Monday, this way I will keep myself honest and hopefully you guys out there will help me keep on track with lots of tips etc. I’m feeling good, not hungry at all which is a real bonus. Up to the loo 2-3 times a night, I guess that’s all the ‘excess fluid’?? LOL!
    After seeing how much weight a colleague has lost and her telling me about this, I have jumped on board. Fingers and toes crossed, as usual story, been there done that with all other diets out there. Went and got the book, and it all makes sense, so here goes!!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Welcome to the forum, we are all friends here, all on the same journey, you are doing well, if in any touble, doubts, positives etc, post here there is always a BSD friend to assist. Hope your week goes well.
    Love Jan

• posted by Hoiya
    on

The end of week 1. And happy to report 3.45kg down. Weight for start of week 2 is 133.95. A very happy KJ 🙂
    A couple little bumps along the way, but to be expected as I learn how much I can have etc. I think the big thing is not so much the calories, although that is the major part of this, but portion control is something I need to learn. The two go hand in hand.
    Is there a graph on here to track the weight loss?
    cheers all

• posted by Hoiya
    on

week 2 down. but only .300 down. hmmm. at least its a loss. Weight for start of week 3 is 133.65.
    not too sure what slowed me down last week, but onwards and downwards!

• posted by willmac
    on

KJ!
    My partner just pointed your post out to me. We are almost exactly the same weight, both from NZ, and started almost exactly the same time!
    I started 138.2kg, and after two weeks am 132kg. I lost 4.2kg first week, and 2kg second week.
    I wouldn’t panic about the lack of weight loss. We are talking such small margins compared to our body weight. You may have drunk more water before getting on the scales, or not been to the toilet.
    Kia kaha!

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Hi Willmac
    Thanks for the ‘boost’!! was a little ‘down’ over the nearly non existent drop, but another friend had said the same happened to her, so will keep plodding on.
    cheers
    KJ

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Well week 3 down. Weight for start of this week is 133.7. Am so disappointed as I felt I had lost this week, and you will see it is a gain of .05! No idea where I went wrong, but I am going to start writing everything down. Did that the first week and should have kept it going. Went out and bought a book of calorie points rather than working it out on Google. And think some further planning will be coming in to force!
    Was so disappointed when I saw the figure on the scale I nearly caved and said ‘sod it’. But getting my breakfast and lunch together for work I decided I wasn’t going to let that get me! So another week, lets see what happens.
    cheers all
    KJ

• posted by willmac
    on

Hey KJ,

Have you tried using the recipes in the book? They are really useful and (mostly) delicious. After three weeks I have decided they will be permanent items on my menu forever. Keep the water up too.
    For motivation, I have listed the things I want to achieve. Reasons why I don’t want to be overweight anymore. Simple stuff including being able to tie my shoes up without losing breath. When I feel like I am going to fold, I pull the list out of my wallet and read them.

• posted by Kereru
    on

Hi KJ, I am from NZ too and started yesterday!

Hope I can stick to it like you have so far.

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Hi Willmac and Kereru

I haven’t tried the recipes in the book yet, but another work colleague who has already done this told me to re read and follow the guide at the back – which I hadn’t done. I am going to do that over this week.
    Willmac – good idea to have a list, going to do that today! And yes, I know I don’t drink enough water so am making a conscious decision to do that too. Going to put a ‘reminder’ in my calendar at work so it pops up every hour, that will make me drink more.
    Kereru – It is actually easy, I have had no hunger and barely had any headaches when I started. I have just always found it hard to lose weight, but I am so determined to stick with this, as not only does it make sense, but we are eating better quality foods. Got to be good for you I reckon!
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday!! loss of 1.2 last week. starting weight for this week 132.5. And I didn’t really do anything different. A friend has the book of recipes and I’m going to go through and check out what looks good to me. I have to confess I am a terrible vege eater, but am learning to have more and try more. Love my fruit, and have cut right down to 1 apple a day! Didn’t realise how much sugar was in fruit and wonder if partly that was where I was going wrong as well. Water intake increased, so that’s good.
    Yah – Onwards and downwards.
    cheers all
    KJ

• posted by willmac
    on

Tat da one! Great work! I was looking forward to your post.
    Yeah smash some of those recipes out. Mon – Fri I always have the blueberry shakes for breakfast, and my favourite lunch is the beetroot falafels, and favourite dinner is the chicken and fennel. I will eat those forever!
    Super stoked for you. Keep the updates coming.

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Morning and Happy Monday. Weight for start of this week 131.3!! another 1.2 loss. very happy!!! An interesting weekend with a dinner out Friday night and Saturday celebrating 3 birthdays with family. But still a loss so am stoked!! I was especially careful on Saturday and made up for any overindulgence on Sunday by only having brunch and dinner. Looks like that worked LOL!
    So – have got the meals sorted. Now to get the exercise in. I’m up one level in the building I work at, so am going to use the stairs. And going to try and get some walking in during the day. I have found an old pedometer, so will start wearing that and track how many steps I do a day.
    Onwards and downwards!!!
    KJ

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Monday, it is still Sunday here, have a good week where ever you are

• posted by willmac
    on

Great work KJ! A kg a week is an awesome effort. Just think, keep this up for a year and you would have lost 50kg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday! starting weight for this week 130.45. .85 loss. Not quite the 1kg but more than happy with last weeks effort! Didn’t quite get in the walking I wanted, but am working on that. Otherwise, overall I am feeling great!!
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

• posted by willmac
    on

Well done KJ! Any loss is a good loss

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday! starting weight for this week is 130.05 – only a .4 loss, but not worried about that as a loss is a loss. From the start of this I have lost 7.6kilos, so I am stoked!! Now to work on the next 10 kg. As to that, I am going to add in something a little different for a couple weeks to see what happens. Am going to add in the 5:2! This is where you eat ‘normally’ for 5 days and only have (I think) 500 cals the other 2 days. Essentially breakfast and dinner is what I am going to do on those 2 days. I did try this before and didn’t really work for me, but now that I have cut down to 800 calories and really watching my sugar intake I’m thinking the 5:2 will be a real goer, but time will tell. Still working on the walking, and doing the 1 level of stairs at work each day, so little by little am making a difference for myself.
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

• posted by willmac
    on

Great work KJ!

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday. Starting weight for this week 130.05. No loss but no gain. AND I didn’t really have a great week food wise, was all over the place, so not going to complain. I think because I did add in the 2 low food days that this did make an ‘end’ difference, hence no weight gain. Back into it today! No excuses!
    How you going Willmac?
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday. starting weight 130.15. only have myself to blame for that! started off well last week but fell off the wagon. Dumb but there you go. have to get past the 130 hurdle! In saying that though, I feel great! Can tell by my clothes that the weight I have lost so far is making a difference. Have been climbing the one flight of stairs a couple times a day, and it is getting easier, so that in itself is an achievement for me. Am going to give myself a new goal, need to get 10 – 15 off before Xmas, so here goes.
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

• posted by willmac
    on

Good work KJ. I found the weeks I don’t do any exercise I don’t lose as much. I have taken to drinking tons of water as well, with a squeeze of lemon to not be so bland. That helps with the hunger pangs between meals.

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday! have finally cracked the 130!! starting weight for this week 129.8. Only just but don’t care, as that took flippin ages! The next two weeks will be interesting as hubby and I on holidays. Just staying around home as have heaps to do (spring cleaning here we come LOL).
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Congratulations!!! Fantastic news, well done!

Bet you look really slim and what about that waist!!!!

I am 8 weeks into maintenance and am still astounded by my figure when I look at myself. AND when I’m into smaller jeans than I achieved even on my last weight loss about 5 years ago.

Onwards!!!! 🙂

• posted by willmac
    on

Shot KJ! Just keep at it.
    I have started noticing if I have sugar (or carbs which turn in to sugar) at all, my body reacts really badly. I feel weak and sore, like a flu is coming on. It is crazy how much we attune ourselves to sugar.
    I noticed I put on weight straight after the eight weeks, and panicked. My friend at the gym told me it would be mostly water, but it has kept me honest. Got another weigh-in today, so hopefully back heading down.

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday! starting weight for the week is 128 Yeeha, 1.8 down from last week. So stoked with that. Looks like I’m one of those people who take off a kilo, then stall for a week or two then take off another kilo. Oh well at least its coming off. A couple people at work have noticed a change, so thats all good. Being home for the next two weeks will be interesting, fingers crossed.
    Willmac, thanks so much for your support! Really appreciate it, and yep, know what you mean about some carbs not feeling right. Its all trial and error.
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday, and for those of us in NZ, Happy Labour Day!! been a couple weeks but am pleased to report starting weight for the week is 124.85, down 3.85 in the last couple weeks, so have done quite good for being on holidays the last couple weeks. In a way though I sort of cheated as I had a nasty head cold last week and was off my food for a few days, but gonna take that as a win anyway!
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday, and happy Halloween! Starting weight for this week 126.65.
    Yes I know – that went up 2kg. Not going to beat myself up for it, but – bugger!! Only have myself to blame for that, as went slightly off the rails end of week and weekend. Oh well, just means I have to work harder this week!!
    Now that the weather is improving in NZ (even if a bit chilly this morning) going to add in a morning walk – will just be around the outside of the building I work in but will kick off my day.
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

• posted by willmac
    on

Hi KJ!
    Remember weight loss is not linear. A friend told me that recently when I put back on some weight. You should be super proud with what you have lost already, and use it as motivation to lose more. I am using your hard work as motivation also. You have lost 10kg already! That is awesome, so remember that. Now I am going to have some raw nuts………………

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday. Starting weight for this week 125.85, down .8. feeling good about that.
    Thanks for your kind words Willmac! Glad I’m motivating you!! I use your replies as motivation also, so helping each other out!
    Wish I had taken measurements as feeling the loss with my clothes. Someone told me at work the other day that I should go and buy some new, but said no, wanted to lose a bit more first. Will buy some safety pins first to hold my pants up LOL!! Tops are a bit baggy/gappy but will get some more use out of them before buying new. Although I know weight has gone off the stomach area (my biggest area by far) along with the legs, measurements would have told me more I think. Never mind!
    Now on to another topic, what about that game on Sunday?? Well done the Irish!! But look out when we next play again, I don’t think you will find that scoreline happens again for another 108 years!!
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

• posted by shalimar
    on

Watch those too loose pants ladies.

Mine fell down, nearly all the way, on the way to the corner store. Had to walk with one hand on my pants and one hand on my purchases!!!

HUGS

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Oh Shalimar…..I have just spit out my drink of water laughing:-)

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Belts are a wonderful invention 😀 I have a variety of trousers that I am ‘getting away’ with still wearing thanks to them.

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Shalimar – that was so funny and reminded me of a time my sister was coming through the doorway of the kitchen to the lounge holding a cup and plate and her trousers ended up round her ankles!! Sitting here laughing out loud!!

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Morning all. A day late due to the Earthquake here in NZ! Spent yesterday morning touching base with family and friends making sure everyone ok!! Pleased to report all is good. Feel for those who have lost loved ones and those who have lost homes. Hoping anyone on here from NZ are all safe and well.

Starting weight for the week is 125.9. Not too sure what happened there but not to worry. Seem to be stuck around this figure, but looking back have had weeks similar so all good in the long run!
    Onwards and downwards!
    KJ

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday!! starting weight for the week 125.65. A loss is a loss!!
    Going to add in a morning walk around what I call the half block. Have walking poles ready beside me so as soon as I finish this I am off. Beautiful morning here in Manukau, so no more excuses not to get out there!
    Onwards and downwards!
    KJ

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday everyone. Starting weight for the week is 125.65. no loss but no gain, so all is good!!
    Have to say I need to get ‘back to basics’! Have let myself slip a little the last couple weeks but all good.
    Have also bought and am wearing new trousers for work. The other ones were just that little too big and I had to keep pulling them up!! YAH!! And some of you will know what I mean when I say ‘the tape measure now goes around the tummy and meets!! what a cool feeling that was!!! I wish I had taken measurements but am guessing from the last time I tried the tape measure ‘thing’ that is approx. a 6 cm loss round the tum.
    Willmac – where are you buddy?? getting concerned, haven’t heard from you since end of October, hope all is well with you and yours!

Onwards and downwards!
    KJ

• posted by willmac
    on

All good here KJ! Just plodding along, slowly but surely. had a week in Melbourne which didn’t help things, but had a solid week last week, and really keen to get stuck in again.
    You should be so proud of yourself! Keep up the good work!
    I tried to get new pants, but I am in a middle size at the moment, and pants either are just too tight, or still look too big. Best lose more weight to get in the lower size!

• posted by Hoiya
    on

good to see you on here Willmac! was keeping an eye out for you! just wait till you get those new pants, the smile won’t come off your face for a couple days!! love it!! now more motivated to get more off and downsize again. YAH for us!!
    KJ

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday everyone. Starting weight for the week 125.05. .6 down. YAH!!
    Christmas is nearly here, what are your tips for ‘being good’??
    I’m thinking I’m not going to worry about being good for two days, then straight back into it! But to do that I want to get another 5kg off, that will give me leeway to be naughty LOL.
    Off for my walk, have a great day all.
    KJ

• posted by willmac
    on

I have one tip. Drink a couple of glasses of water before meals. There is tons of evidence to show that you eat less after doing so.
    125.05 is great! Just think when the last time you were that weight!

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday!! starting weight for this week is 124.75 – .3 down. a loss is a loss and that I will take!
    Got myself a couple new tops on Saturday – 2 sizes down! Still have the smile on my face!
    Thanks for the tip Willmac, will def try that. I was saying just yesterday that I’m still not drinking enough water!
    Now – for anyone else who reads this, need tips to help with the truck tyre round my middle, ways to exercise to help get rid of some of that. I have lost several inches off my tum but obviously would like to try and get more off that! All tips greatly appreciated!!
    cheers all
    KJ

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday!! and no – not posting a starting week weight!! Being as it is Christmas in a week and celebrations have already started, have gone off the wagon – just slightly – but will get back on, on the 28th!! Will be interesting to see how I go!

So – Merry Christmas to you all and a wonderful Happy New Year. Will start posting again from 2nd January.

Onwards and downwards
    KJ

• posted by willmac
    on

Yeah I will be interested in how we all go. I will aim to maintain rather than lose. I will keep chugging the water before a meal also. Merry Christmas team!

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy New Year and Happy Monday!!! starting weight for the year and the week is 128.15.
    Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year.
    Have talked hubby into joining me – so that should be interesting.
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

• posted by willmac
    on

Shot KJ! I have my partner on board also. Helps so much! I have a goal of under 100kg by 1 Jan 2018.

• posted by willmac
    on

No update this week KJ. Hope things are going ok. I had a great week last week after a few shockers.

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Monday! starting weight for this week is 123.9.
    Sorry bout last week, had a bit of an emergency at home with my husband. He had a ‘small’ heart attack. He is back home and doing fine now thank goodness. A ‘bit’ of a shock for us and a huge wake up call for him!! No complaints now with the food changes etc. Going forward all is going to be good, we have signed up for Tai Chi classes at our local school. Waiting on a letter from the Hospital about a 2 month free session as a gym hubby can go to, so that will be good.
    Have set a goal of getting to double figures by Christmas if not earlier.
    Onwards and downwards!!!
    KJ

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Tuesday! yesterday was anniversary day in Auckland, so no posting. Starting weight for the week is 124.2. hmmmm!! have to go back over my food as all I had last week was salads and fruit. May have overdone the fruit as my favourite summer fruit is here! Golden Queen peaches and nectarines. Hubby is doing well, down 2 kg for the week, so all is progressing as it should be!
    However for any league fans out there, this weekend is the NRL Nines! and we go every year. All I look forward to (which is crazy) is hot chips with tomato sauce. Yeah I know – will have to make up for that before we go!! I always end up with no voice and sore hands from clapping – can’t wait LOL!!
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

• posted by Hoiya
    on

Happy Tuesday!! Starting weight for this week 123.65.
    To any NZrs on here, hope you had a great Waitangi weekend!! AS predicted, I have no voice and am so tired! But all worth it, and yes, I had hot chips with sauce, but as you can see, I did manage to still lose, so am very happy about that!
    Onwards and downwards!!
    KJ

Please log in or register to post a reply.