Keeping myself honest.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jimbo747
    on

Hi All,

Jim here. I was 6’1″ and 94.6kg at age 45, when i started the BSD at the beginning of October. I stuck to the diet religiously for 6 weeks and got down to 85.5kg, but then lapsed in mid December and am up to 87kg. I can’t say i was ever hungry – my struggle is sugar: i was sure i’d broken the addiction but a couple of treats and all self control was gone.

So this thread will track my progress on this, my second attempt. I would like to get down to 77.5kg by the end of March. I’m sold on the benefits of this since i am already much healthier. Ten years of gastric reflux and more spent on Gaviscon than most smokers spend on cigarettes disappeared almost overnight.

Jim.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Welcome back Jim, it’s the health benefits that keep us all coming back to this way of life. Good luck with your second attempt.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi Jim, well done for taking accountability and for taking action.

Sugar is something that I can’t control the consumption of when I’m given the opportunity to eat it. I’m slowly coming around to the idea that I might have to permanently part ways with it.

I had lost 30.5Kg but my recent 10 day sugar binge saw me gain 4.4Kg! I’m still only 6Kg to target but I’ve learned a valuable lesson about sugar.

All the best for your BSD return.

Please log in or register to post a reply.