Karma for crowing about not feeling hungry … It's bitten me on the backside :(

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ShrinkMe81
    on

W2D7, 5.3kgs lost to date, feeling really happy with the situation.

Today though, I’ve been hungry, and not the sort of “oh look my tummy is rumbling” hunger, but the EAT ALL OF THE TOAST THEN WASH IT DOWN WITH ICE CREAM sort 😟

I started with a bulletproof coffee (hmmm, might go back to Skyr and berries), lunch was celery, cucumber, hummus, Edam and a single square of dark chocolate. Dinner was a steak with green beans and mushrooms. I’ve had lots of water.

Was it the chocolate? Is it a glitch? This is torture but I’ve never stuck anything so successfully so I’m *not* quitting. 😭

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Carb monster attacks can come from all sorts of stimulus, sometimes they can be triggered by an emotional response to a situation, sometimes just for apparently no reason. If you can identify what triggered this one, you may be able to avoid it in the future, but nothing is jumping out at me from the list of what you had today. I don’t have any personal experience of the bulletproof coffee but have never heard of them being a trigger. Neither is a single square of 70% chocolate or higher known as a trigger. Well done for resisting though. My favourite carb monster pacifier is a bit of peanut butter on a teaspoon. I think it thinks it is a biscuit.

• posted by ShrinkMe81
    on

Well I had a horrible evening in which I drank gallons of peppermint tea and battled cravings miserably. I also felt massively fatigued and have slept really deeply. Which made me realise that I’m on day 22 of my cycle and would normally be having a carb-and-sleep-fest. I’d hoped my awful PMS might be easier with LCHF eating but it seems not. Wish me luck, because this next week is going to be *tough* 😱

Off to take some B vitamins and celebrate another 0.6kg disappearing overnight!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Good luck, and keep trying some little things that may push the cravings down without being ruinous to your weight loss. A small piece of cheese, and just nibble it rather than eating it quickly. Peanut butter on a teaspoon, sometimes I even try a tiny bit of raw honey on a teaspoon too. If peppermint tea didn’t help maybe try other flavours. You will get through this, just keep posting and we’ll do what we can to encourage you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.