just starting and want to get some info

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by greyhound girl
    on

Hi, I have bought the books and have read them!!!! I am doing to food diary for a week and will be starting on 5th Feb. Just want to ask if weight loss is massive because I am not particularly overweight but I want to have a healthy lifestyle and a ‘reboot’ for my system. any advice? I am not in weight denial I am female, 6ft tall, 71-73kgs, BMI 28, active ALL day as I am a teacher so don’t sit down until I eat in the evening.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

hi greyhound girl, sounds like your name matches your figure. You are right, you wont have massive losses in the long term but you dont want to lose 100lbs or even 50lbs. I am in your category of being just 2 stone overweight but I am diddy at 4″ 11′. I have just restarted the full 8 week plan and in week one I lost 4lbs, weeks 2 stuck, week 3, 3lbs, week 4 so far stuck. When I first did this back in 2016 I lost 13lbs in the 8 weeks. The first week will be mainly fluid and then you get into proper fat burning. Also, by week 3 I had lost 5 inches from my waist. Having said that, it is still the best weight loss plan going and just cutting out or seriously down on bad carbs you will be doing your body a big favour.

Good luck.

on

Hi, thanks for the answer, was not even sure if i had got the posting right!!!!! just want a healthy body but at about the same size as i have now so is it possible to do 5:2 or anything else in the books without a significant weight loss?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

If you just do the Med style, so just cut out processed food, and the ‘white stuff’ which is white bread, rice, pasta potatoes and sugar, limit fruit and starchy veg like root vegetables and eat plenty of healthy fat, but don’t count calories and eat to satiety then any visceral fat should clear which may result in a slight weight loss but probably not a significant change of shape. If you do a food diary now to work out how many calories you are currently eating and try to stick to that as well on the Med style diet, you should get healthier without getting too thin.

on

Hi, thanks for the response, i will start now on the diary, just putting down the glass of red wine to pick up a pen, (i guess that has to go :(!!!!!!) really happy that i am not dismissed as weight loss is not what is am looking for, have tried to speak at work etc and everyone is on the weekly weigh in and i don’t feel that’s for me i just want to be with others that are looking for a healthy new way of eating and know what i am trying to do. just because i am slim doesn’t mean that i cant be more healthy, many many thanks for the info

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Don’t worry about the odd glass of red wine, very Mediterranean ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ There is a whole section on this forum for this Med style although the vast majority of posters come here looking for weight loss so it is fairly quiet, there are a growing number of us who have reached our target weights, in some cases years ago, and come to discuss the continuing healthy way of eating so you will find people to talk to. Come and join in on the maintainers thread ‘After reaching…’ etc for non weight loss related chat, although some of our maintainers do actually lose weight sometimes almost accidentally.

Please log in or register to post a reply.