Just starting…again

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by maisiesmum
    on

After doing well with the plan 2 years ago we foolishly didn’t stick with it so have got our heads in the right place, re-read the book, bought the recipe book, cleared out the ‘bad’ stuff and raring to go. My husband has decided Monday morning will be weigh day to keep us on the straight and narrow at weekends; cruel to be kind! Will let you know how we are getting on periodically. Just made the thai curry for tomorrow night’s tea, delish. Beetroot falafels next!

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Hiya,
    I am in exactly the same position. I lost two stone back in January 17 and now I have gained a stone of that back. I have got a holiday in 4 weeks so my target is to lose that stone before I go. I have re-read the recipe book, I know the principles and I know that it works for me. I am stocked up on tonic water for the evenings to pretend that there is gin in there (alcohol is my biggest weakness) and have a menu planned for the week. Let’s do this…. we can do this together!!!

Rebecca xxx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi fellow BSDers, I think this thread might be for me too if I can join you. I know both your names and I have done exactly the same as you. I started on this in June 2016 and lost 25lbs and over the last 2 years I have seen it creep on and off until today when I weighed and found my total loss for 2 years is 10lbs. My main concern is my BG as I am diabetic but I have managed to keep that under control as I can say no to carbs. What I havent managed to do is get rid of all the meds and still need to inject daily and that too is creeping up. I have had Christmas, New Year, my birthday, hubbies birthday, our anniversary and 3 holidays in the last 5 months so now is the time to take it seriously again. My weigh in will be tomorrow (Tuesday) as I have yet to get my shopping in but will then weigh on Monday. I am planning on doing the 8 weeks as my family arrive 8 weeks today. Yeah, ready to start.

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Yesssss We can all do this together – same as you Sunshine-Girl, I recognise names too!
    What with complacency, Christmas, cruise holidays, birthdays, trips away with friends and major upheavals and stresses at work, the weight has piled back on. I have got all lumpy again and I am really unhappy. Those aches and twinges inside have started again as I know my weight is causing pressure and my alcohol intake has shot back up…
    I will weigh every day as for me that helps as I understand then how my weight loss whooshes happen and when to expect them, just need to make sure that I am gentle with myself and allow myself time to adapt.

Today I have had my breakfast of 2 hard boiled eggs, something that I have carried on with since my first time round in 2017 and I am now holding back until 2pm to eat my lunch – have a meeting at 1-2pm so cant eat during that, will just fill up with fluids…

Rebecca xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi yes I also recognise some names! I’d love to join you but will be a week late as I’m away at the moment and there’s no point in failing before I even leave the starting gate. So will see you all next week when I can realistically begin in ernest. In the meantime good luck to all on this new journey,

• posted by maisiesmum
    on

Well, first weigh in and lost a little over 9lb, husband lost just over 4lb (tbh if this was the first week at a ‘paying club’ we would be over the moon, but as not at a club at least a tenner up!) sounds brilliant but I know its water to start with, but naturally am pleased. The thai curry (made with quorn) was fabulous. Veggie saus and heap of veg tomorrow evening, spinach, blueberry & apple smoothie for brekky and cottage cheese salad & yog for lunch. Thanks for replying all! Wondered whether anyone takes a multi vitamin? Just bought a tube of the soluble orange ones from Lidl to try.

• posted by NancyB
    on

I started again few days ago Friday 1st June. I did my first 800 BSD starting 1st February last year weighing 17st 8lb and lost 25lb. I weighed at WeightWatchers Saturday morning (I like the discipline of a weekly weigh-in on accurate scales) and was 16st 6lb, so I have put back on 9lb since last year, which I think isn’ t so bad.
    I have been very good today. Didn’t have the car as it was in for a service and walked home from the garage in the morning and walked to the garage to pick up my car this afternoon. Delighted that my pedometer tells me that I walked 17,000 steps!! The most I’ve done ever.
    I am planning to get in two cycles of the 8-week 800 BSD over the next 4 months. I am going to Greece 1st October so that is my target – 17 weeks to go.
    BuffyLover – I too enjoy 2 eggs every morning, but I like them scrambled in a knob of butter and plenty of salt and pepper. I also keep plenty of diet tonic water in the fridge which I like with fresh lime juice squeezed in.

on

Finally got on the scales this morning and I weighed in at 12 st 5lbs – so over a stone heavier than just before Christmas. My goal over the next 8 weeks is to lose 1 stone and get my insulin injections down to pre-Christmas level of 22 / 24 units. I chose 1 stone because that is how much I lost when I first did this in June 2016 so know I tend to lose slower than most due to the insulin injections. I have set myself a goal for the first week to lose between 3 and 5 lbs.

As an old hand at this diet I certainly dont think I know everything but having been around a while, I am always happy to give advice, particularly to fellow diabetics. Have a good first week everyone and keep on keeping on…

• posted by NancyB
    on

Been very good today – Pilates, walking and a 20 min swim.

on

Hello all, I have just posted on the weekly challenge but what I said I think might be worth posting again here. So I have cut and pasted it so here goes:-

I add up my daily menu to reach around 650 calories then I can allow myself a 10g piece of very dark chocolate at 50 cals and I always have a snack before bed. Usually it is just a chunk of chicken or ham but I have got into the habit of having it on a Ryvita (yes I know it is a carb) with butter, another 100 cals. So I am up to my 800 calories but that doesn’t give me any leeway for a coffee with milk or maybe an afternoon piece of meat if my BG goes too low. Also, there are days when I plan for, say, 750 calories but still have the same snack and treat, taking me over the 800 calories. From now on it has to stop. I will still have my bedtime snack but no chocolate and no Ryvita.

Just shows how easily we can go wrong. Have a good day everyone.

on

No snack last night but still had the dark chocolate square. Weight is down, so is BG and I reduced my insulin by one unit. I have a full set of bloods booked for Monday – that is everything from erythrocytes, sedimentation rates, red corpusles, as they say in medical programmes lft, u&h and uncle tom cobbly and all. Plus urine. Then I have the doctor with my results on Wednesday but I am more worried about my weight for a change. My BG seems okay although I have had some peaks over the holidays but hoping it will even itself out. Makes me more determined to keep going this weekend.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Well done sunshine-girl! You must be really pleased to have got back on the horse. Good luck on Monday, great incentive for getting right back in touch with it
    Maggie

on

Another successful day. The secret of this diet is as with all diets. Stick to it, dont cheat or think you can get away with just a bit of this or the other and think about the amazing benefits of being slimmer, healthier, fitter, less drugs or whatever does it for you.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

I blew last week by drinking bulletproof coffees! Back to the almond milk variety now 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Maggie! Could you be more specific about how bulletproof coffee derailed you? Just curious 🙂 Were you using
    MCT oil and grassfed butter? Was it the calorie count per serving? I keep meaning to try this, so I’m curious to know
    what the downside is! Thanks in advance,

Allie

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

I was using heavy cream and coconut oil- but too much. According to Jason Fung for some people it works well, for others no. I evidently fell into the second group!
    It just stalled weight loss, so now I’m back to the rather austere almond milk if l can’t stand the idea of a black coffee.
    Maggie

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi MaggieBath, a few weeks ago I posted a link on the Take a look at this thread for a podcast by Bikman. I found it very helpful in understanding the fine tuning of nutrients and fat burning. Because you mention that you struggled with coconut oil and cream I think it may be worth you watching as it may provide the solution.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Thanks JGwen; I’ve just watched one of his videos and setting down to learn some more.

• posted by Frog
    on

Not just me then!
    I took a break for Christmas – eighteen months ago! Hello again Sunshine-Girl & Verano.
    I’ve not put all of the weight I lost back on, but quite a bit of it! – But 2.5 kilos lost so far this week.
    I was inspired to come back to BSD after watching a BBC program about crash diets, but after trying the supplement diet they used for it, what a weird, weird idea.
    I like the concept of a weekly 1:1 with a consultant, but the “food” is rubbish – loads of the products have more than 45% of the calories from sugar, not to mention tasting pretty foul (well I didn’t eat enough to claim many of the products taste foul, but the ones I did try….!) plus I still don’t see how it gives you a sensible relationship with food.
    So, a lot of unopened packets in the cupboard, but I’m back to eating BSD style.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Frog – nice to see you back. I used to enjoy reading your posts when I first started on the BSD. The supplement diet sounds horrible – and how shocking to have so much sugar in the packets. I tried the slimfast diet in the 1970s – it worked and I lost all the baby weight but I imagine that the packets were full of sugar also. They were truly disgusting.

• posted by Meeshe42
    on

Hi All

Restarting again after doing really well and weight has creeped back on…..need to get off the carbs! Generally feeling rubbish and lacking in energy.

Love to join you guys for support

Thanks Meeshe

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Hi all,
    So I’m on day 6 of starting again and I’m 6lbs down…. sleeping better, starting to feel less lethargic but am in the headache stage… I don’t mind though as I know it will pass and the results will be worth it… it’s been ok so far – First hard moment was friends over last night and resisting a drink but I managed it…!!
    Today I’m off shopping for a few holiday bits as just over 3 weeks until I go hence why I’m doing this… the swimsuit is hanging on my wardrobe door as my daily reminder!!!

So today will be 2 hard boiled eggs as usual, I will have a salad when I get back from shopping later and then tonight I’m making the chicken and mushroom “pie” from Michael’s book. It’s so yummy…!!
    Tomorrow will be the same for breakfast and lunch – I am mixing my salads up by having different pickled things like beetroot or cabbage or onions or capers.. makes it much more interesting! We will then be having steak for dinner with salad again but somehow it’s easier this time of year… however… I get so bored of chopping!!! Lol!!!

Hope everyone is doing ok – my supermarket mission today is to get some low calorie drinks for the evenings… maybe some different fruit teas which I could let cool and have over ice… we will see… lots of ideas to move away from just slimline tonic….
    Have a great Saturday!!!

Rebecca xxx

• posted by Frog
    on

HI Krysia
    Yes, I’d never done supplements before – truly weird.
    It has made me think about buying some of the high protein.low carb energy bars that are about to keep handy for when there aren’t easy low carb choices – I haven’t tried one yet, but the bars that I got with this diet were actually on the less sugary side of the spectrum compared to the shakes.
    I suppose that if you restrict calories to 600/800 a day, you will lose weight – but for me eating dehydrated stuff out of a packet isn’t a sustainable way of doing it.
    I mostly eat at work – we have a fantastic chef and a healthy food ethos, apart from the croissants and puddings, , so I’m trying BSD principles without weighing & counting obsessively like last time, There’s still a spreadsheet with a log and guesstimates, just making healthy low carb choices and small portions, so really keen to see how that goes. I watched that BBC white/beige and green carb program last night after reading about it on another thread – it was late and I fell asleep part way through, but it made a lot of sense.
    Rebecca – water, still or sparkling, with several slices of cucumber in is my current favourite!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Frog! Good to ‘see’ you again. I’m reading the Pioppi diet plan at the moment and it’s really interesting. One chapter is entitled ‘Stop Counting Calories and Stop Snacking’.the summary of the chapter is as follows…..
    1. Different sources of calories have a different metabolic effect on the body.
    2. When it comes to satiety fat, fibre and proteins are kings, but sugar and refined carbs keep you constantly hungry.
    3. Low-fat, calorie restricted diets do not improve health outcomes.
    4. Low-fat, calorie diets have an adverse effect on HDL cholesterol.
    5. Weight cycling from yo-yo dieting can harm health by increasing he risk of high blood pressure, insulin resistance and chronic inflammation.

From memory, which isn’t too good at the moment, I think what he was saying was that in times past we ate three meals a day. Now it’s six: breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and evening snack. If we go back to eating two or three meals a day without snacking the calories should take care of themselves. I guess with a little conscious effort they will.
    A lot of what is said in the book mirrors BSD but I like the style of writing and I’m finding it really informative.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Verano, how are you
    the book sounds good, will seek it out.
    There was a whole vogue of “little and often” eating plans a while ago – but not snacking makes more sense – it’s the evenings where I’m not hungry and have a snack rather than a meal that I usually (used to!) end up eating a lot more!

• posted by Frog
    on

result – Amazon special offer 2 for £7, Mosely “guts” book and Pioppi diet are on their way

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Frog yes all good here thanks just need to get back on track, again! I have read the guts book and did find it interesting but don’t think I need to follow the ideas in it. I think I may need to order the ‘ hard’ copy of Pioppi as it’s too cumbersome on kindle for a reference book. Enjoy both!

on

Hi everyone, hi Frog, good to see you. We are all in the same boat here. I have never come off the carb part of the diet except when given no choice but the pounds do tend to creep back so here we are, starting again but not from scratch. We have the knowledge and know it works.
    Another good day yesterday. I havent been posting what I eat but at the moment my breakfasts are strawberries, yoghurt and a different choice of seed or nut as I have strawberries by the dozen in the garden. I put some to one side in the freezer and hubby will use them to make jam when there is enough but it is a shame not to eat them every day when they are there.
    Another weight loss and sleeping a bit better now I am getting the wine out of my system. The pool was back to 24 yesterday so I had a 35 min swim and will be back in later today. Enjoy your weekend and keep it real – no carbs.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

So many old names returned here! Welcome back to all of you!

on

40 mins in the pool and a 30 min walk around our local market. Lost some more weight and will report tomorrow as it think this is a Monday weigh in (I normally weigh Tuesday). Tomorrow morning I have my blood tests ready for my 3 month check up with the doctor on Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

Dont forget to watch the Diabetes programme on Wed and Thurs or at least record it. I think the world has finally come around to out way of thinking.

• posted by Frog
    on

HI Sunshine & California Girls, hello again!
    Good weekend – very busy, so not too much time to be tempted off diet, a small glass of champagne aside!
    I have a plot in a local community garden, new this year, and made my first proper harvest this evening – I think I will be eating chard and bok choy for the rest of the week. I used a recipe for chard fritata that helpfully specified “a bunch” of chard, so a lot more like chard with some egg than chard fritata, but tasted very good. My rhubarb was white and green rather than much pink, but it tastes very good.
    I’m generally pleased with my calorie, carb and protein intake – fibre seems a bit low. (but looking at the fibre content in the dehydrated diet supplements, the fibre wouldn’t have been much different with those).

on

Hi Frog! So funny, I just tucked a frittata into the oven and sat down to rest a few minutes before dinner and (of course) got on the BSD forums and saw you had frittata too! You did chard, mine is sautéed zucchini with fresh basil and fire roasted chili peppers, cheddar cheese and eggs — it has become one of my favorite dinners, especially when I am worn out from a day of gardening.
    I would love to grow rhubarb — it’s wonderful — but our local gophers like it above all else and they eat them all, pulling the plants down into their tunnels. Little creeps. Luckily they leave almost everything else alone and I usually toss some chicken wire into each hole to disuade them even trying .
    Last year we had deer-mageddon — first time in 31 years they decimated the garden and killed two fruit trees. Where is a mountain lion when you need one? Maybe we’ve got one hunting because this year we are deer free (knock on wood)!!!

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

Count me in too. I did so well last time and then just went back to my old habits.
    I weighed in this morning at 83.2kg and my sugar before breakfast was 8.3. I have been taking my sugar before breakfast for a few months now and it always seems high. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it??
    Looking forward to reading all your comments.

on

Hi everyone, I guess it is weigh in day and I have lost 1.3kg or 3lbs this week. Just need another 1lb before Wednesday when I see my doctor. Talking of which, I had my blood tests this morning and will get my results this afternoon my email. Not expecting them to be good as I have had Christmas, New Year, my birthday, a 3 week cruise and a week at my daughters since the last test. At least I will have some excuses and know I can get back on track for the next 3 months.

CaravanSue, you asked about your morning pre-food blood sugar results. First of all, what were they before you started the diet, how long have you been on it, are you on meds, have you stopped any meds. If this rise is new you might find you are suffering from the Dawn Phenomenon which is when, because you are eating a lot less, your body thinks it is starving and your liver pumps out glycogen (a form of glucose) during the night to make sure you dont die in your sleep – yes we are still prehistoric – so you have to fool it by giving it a small snack before bed. Save a few calories for a slice of ham or chicken – that’s all it takes to fool it. I often put a small portion of my dinner to one side for later, especially if it is something like a slice of omelette or something else that tastes nice cold.

Have a good week everyone.

on

I have copied and pasted this from the other thread I am on so here goes – I have just had my blood results in and it is all good news. My cholesterol is up from 4.0 to 4.1 total and that is due to an increase in my good cholesterol my triglycerides are exactly the same as last time and my HbA1c is 5.9 (was 6.0 last time) so whoop whoop for me. Now just need to lose another pound and I will be at the same weight too.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Really great blood results. Will join you with a whoop whoop.

• posted by alliecat
    on

sunshine-girl, you are really at “the top of your game” right now!! fantastic news!!! We are going to have a virtual
    celebration to top all celebrations, 3 continents included, when you no longer need to inject insulin. I’ll be there,
    with bells on! 🙂

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Congratulations, wonderful news 🤗

• posted by Frog
    on

well done sunshine girl – that’s brilliant news
    I’ve not had any blood tests in ages – I had three clear ones and the GP said no need to keep having them. I suspect my blood sugar has crept up again, going to lose some weight first.
    2.4 kilos over the last seven days – I expect it will slow down a bit after the initial few days though.
    I had to google what a gopher was California Girl – hence my rhubarb being safe.
    The other amazing thing with my garden is that I wanted to grow Jerusalem Artichokes, but couldn’t find anyone growing them that had a spare tuber. I found one I’d not eaten at the back of the fridge, that I think had been there for about four months – I planted it anyway, as I’d prepared the soil in a container; nothing happened for a whole, but at the weekend I discovered 3 shoots, all about two feet high.
    Another current favourite in addition to Fritatta is baked egg with asparagus, still just about in season here.
    I just coat a dish with oil, lay the asparagus in it, I put that in the oven for the dish to heat, season it and break an egg on top, then back in the oven to bake – takes about ten minutes.
    The Pioppi book arrived today, I started reading it on the way home – seems very sensible, and I agree that I like his writing style. Non sugary protein bars also arrived – I don’t want to eat them regularly, but after seeing the sugary ones on the dehydrated diet plan I decided they’d make a good standby to keep handy. Dark Chocolate and raspberry – will post what they taste like when I’ve had one.

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

Thanks SunshineGirl, l am not on any medication but randomly take my BGL’s in the morning before breakfast and they are usually high.
    As I like my wine (and who doesn’t) I am not having any to see if this will bring the reading down, so I will try the late night snack in my second week if my BGL’s are still high.
    Thanks for your reply 🙄

• posted by Mumofcrazynamedkids
    on

Hi All,
    Can I join you? Constantly starting and falling off, need the motivation of you lovely people to keep me focused. Just bookmarking to come and catch up on the thread later, recognised a few names, my main problem is that I can stick to it during the day, and most weekdays, but as soon as PMT, friends over for wine, or weekends get involved, then the struggle begins, and I usually undo most of my good work.

Also, I work in a school and so, the regular holidays are the ultimate fail, I had lost 12 pounds recently (of an overall 2.5 stone target), gained 2 back before half term, then another 2 over half term, and now a social weekend this weekend has added another 2, but I am back on it and determined again, I am going to the Scilly’s in 7 weeks, which will be very food/drink heavy, then I have a week sans kids, so lots of social catch ups probably including wine applies, and then a week in Greece, food and drink again, although Med food will be easy there, but drink harder

I know I need to build in some exercise, (and want to, not just need, at age 45 my muscle wastage is becoming apparent and I really want to tone my body) Keep thinking about HIIT, so any easy suggestions about getting started with this would be greatly appreciated.
    Feeling very positive about this today….especially….perversely perhaps…because a new work colleague just told me how unhealthy my low cal/ low carb diet was (she is a slimming world advocate, low fat, lots of carbs and has lots nutritionally trained personal trainer friends!!!) I just said we would have to agree to differ, that I have done my research and am completely assured that my choice of WOE is nutritionally sound!

on

Hi mumofcrazynamesdkids and welcome back. You will have to sort out your own demons but my way of doing it is thinking that the 8 weeks is not forever even though I always follow the low carb principles of the diet as a way of life. I know, there is always something and it is hard. As for your SW friend tell her the NHS is going to be rolling out this low carb way of eating for the general public (not just diabetics) in the near future and even SW and WW have started reviewing their recipes and menu plans/ Yes they still allow starchy carbs like pots and pasta but are doing a lot more cauli rice and spiral courgette – I still buy the magazines as it is something in English to read for me. There is even an article in the latest WW mag (May 2018) called Fat Lot of Good – with the by line – low-fat isn’t always a smart choice. Who would ever guess they would get on board. There is an article in SW mag called Fat Is Not the Enemy (we once thought it was). Welcome to our world outdated diet clubs.

This is week 2 of my 8 weeks and my goal was 14lbs and having lost 3lbs I am left with 11lbs to lose in 7 weeks. With the long term still in my sights I am hoping for 2lbs per week for now. I know newcomers might not think that is much but I have been on this plan for 2 years and your body does get used to it and, normally in week one, a lot of what you lose is fluid, I am already past that point, so very happy with 3lbs dropping down to 2lbs. Have a good day everyone and keep on keeping on… I do live by that mantra.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

I love that about the diet clubs – move the goalposts bit by bit and then when you’ve finished hope that nobody noticed you just did a 180 degree turn 😊
    When my first daughter was born the very strong guidance was that she should sleep on her front; second daughter and it was never on her front. They acted as though they had never given the old advice.
    So, who knows the NHS might do an about turn on dietary advice.

• posted by Sim14k
    on

I’m starting again as well. On Week 1 Day 2. However I’ve not been anywhere as good as you all as I have started the Fast 800 a few times and have never managed to go the full way. I have PCOS and I’m assuming insulin resistance and have a risk at developing diabetes (which also runs in the family). I did very well a year ago with gym and food however, I’ve put on 6kg (13-14 pounds) since September last year and now weigh a massive 77kg so a small girl (5’3) and i know i probably have gained muscles as well but definitely bigger around my stomach than before.
    I am so determined to lose 8-10kg in the next 8 weeks. But have always lost motivation half way through when I’m not losing weight at all. Also have started to take apple cider vinegar diluted in water with half a lemon, cayenne pepper and ginger powder and apparently that is know to cut fat and increase metabolism so watch the space. I’m doing at least 30mins walk a day if not more.
    Hoping to weigh myself once a week. I do love coming here and reading all the inspiring stories. We can do this!

• posted by Bobbie
    on

Hi everyone. I started the plan January 2016 and lost 2 and a half stone – felt great ! Since then my knee arthritis has got worse as has my mobility. Eventually resulting in knee replacement three months ago. As a result over that two year period I have put back on a stone that I need to lose. Have now started walking more and feel it’s time to get back on the 800 wagon, so pleased to see others here and realise I’m not the only one who has fallen off! I have been doing the diet for two days and remember how good it felt having better cleaner food I am now eating once more. Although I never really fully ‘carbed out ‘ I did allow them to slip back in, along with a regular wine intake. It’s interesting that cutting carbs out can make you feel so much better so quickly. Here we go again, we have succeeded before and will do it once more !

on

Hi everyone, , I have a confession to make, last night a had a couple of vodka tonics. Some might know that while I was on holiday I had my FB account hacked and they then got into my email address. I decided to just write it off as experience and opened a new FB and email. Then I decided to see if my provider could get my email back as my daughter said they could be doing anything, if you go buy a new car you might find your credit blocked and so on. Anyway I got it back and there were nearly 800 emails – 70% my usual junk, shops, BSD etc but I was shocked at the activity that had gone on in my name. I wont go into details but I have just been on the phone to a online loan company who I am supposed to have opened an account with. They wouldn’t tell me anything but reassured me they had nothing in my name. Phew….. Then I found someone selling things on FB using my email address but not my name so I confronted her and opened a whole can of worms getting myself into trouble. That is my excuse. I have been told to contact the gendarmes but I deleted everything so have no evidence and my provider says it cannot be retrieved so I just have to forget about it and calm down.

I had my doctor appointment this afternoon and he is thrilled with my results especially as I have had a total of 5 weeks holiday since my last tests. Because I was having a smear test today he didn’t do the normal things like BP or weigh me – but my weight is on my blood results anyway, so we didn’t have that conversation – I am probably about 1.5kg heavier than last time but that will soon change. Anyway my drinks did not impact on my weight, just the same, but may have prevented a small loss. So I have to get back into the mindset I had before.

Sorry this has been repeated here and in the weekly thread and I have cut and pasted.

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

Today is day 4 of week 1, ohh the headache just had a couple of panadol to help.
    Good news though, down 2.1kgs already and this is the motivation that I need to restart me on this journey.
    BGL’s all over the place but I think it is my body saying ‘whats happening?’
    Love reading all the progress reports, keep them coming 😙

on

Well done CaravanSue, that is a great weight loss. I am stuck right now due to my lapses of the last couple of nights but back on a strict regime again. BG down to 4.3 so will be reducing insulin. Still hoping for 2 lbs loss this week.

on

I was thinking that we might start a thread for information for those persons who begin again —sort of a”best practices” site so people can quickly access the information for picking up where they left off?

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

Sunshine-girl your reading was fantastic. Mine this mirning was 7.8 which is the lowest it has been in ages. Weekend is here, in for some snow tomorrow so I am going to make the roasted capsicum and pumpkin soup, its delicious. Will definitely miss the crunchy roll to go with it though 😐

Please log in or register to post a reply.