Just starting

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Shelly27
    on

Hello, i have just bought the fast 800 book and ready to start but im still a bit unsure of a few things. I love my coffee with milk can i measure 100ml milk for the day and have coffee spread out through the day? Im going to do a 12 hour window to start off with 7am- 7pm. I normally just have a white coffee no sugar for my breakfast. What is everyones recommendations? Small breakfast, lunch and dinner or skip breakfast and have large lunch and dinner? My thoughts was to have a coffee at 7am for breakie and large lunch, a coffee at 3pm before work and a small dinner finishing eating at 7pm. Does that sound like it would work?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome Shelly! Your plan will definitely work. Just remember to enter and count your carbs and calories on
    one of the apps, so that you can establish a baseline of your progress at different levels of carbs. They can be
    very sneaky, and often hide in places that you wouldn’t expect. For example, a simple apple contains 22
    of them! There are 2 threads that you may be interested in joining as well..”Kazzee’s road trip to easter”, as
    well as “One Week at a time”. You will be made very welcome, and there’s a great deal of experience to
    draw upon, as both are full of members at all stages of their personal journeys. I look forward to seeing
    you there. Best of luck! This way of eating is life changing, so enjoy it all 🙂

Allie

• posted by Shelly27
    on

Thankyou alliecat, can i ask what you recommend is the best app to track calories?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Shelley, Allie doesnt have a smart phone. So doesn’t use an app. Myfatsecret is a popular app on the forum.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Shelly, JGwen is right. I’m a throw back to the last century, and still make do with a flip top phone. Fatsecret
    is the app I most frequently see mentioned here, however. Never one to be denied, I use a 5×7″ diary
    to list food by portion sizes and food groups, calories, carbs and fiber. There is something ritualistic in
    referring to it each day, and I rather like it! I hope you’re feeling powerful today 🙂 Have a good one,

Allie

• posted by Squidge
    on

I vary my meal combinations depending on how I feel and what I’m doing that day. Sometimes I have a smallish breakfast and lunch, but when it’s convenient (and I’m not feeling really hungry) I don’t eat until lunchtime and have a bigger meal then. My main meal is in the evening. I make sure I have that at least a couple of hours before I go to bed, preferably earlier.

Please log in or register to post a reply.