Just started this week!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Timmy
    on

I happened upon this diet purely by chance when Dr M was on Radio 2 a few weeks back and something intrigued me about it, so I bought the book the same day. I’m not a fan of “diets”, but have been interested in the Mediterranean paradox for years, so this sounded right up my street.

I’m a 6’4 man aged 39, and when I weighed myself on Monday morning I was 99.5kg (15 stone 9), and it’s a weight that I’ve flirted with a for a few years now. When I was in my 20s and up until I had kids at 27 (and had a 6 pack!) I was around 13 stone and that is the weight that I want to get to again. You might think that that is too skinny, but I’m naturally and ectomorph (think swimmer) so that is what I’m targeting.

I’m not diabetic and as far as I know I’m not pre-diabetic, but I think I’m a prime candidate as I carry most of my weight around my middle and moobs. No more! My diet has always been fairly good although I’m partial to the odd flapjack or millionaire slice, but by far and away by biggest vice is booze, and I’ll freely admit that I have regularly consumed far more than the recommended amounts, which obviously isn’t sustainable.

I started the 5:2 on Monday with my first fast day yesterday (Wednesday) and I was absolutely shocked to see that my weight had dropped to 95.5kg when I weighed myself this morning. I suspect that the majority of this is water retention but it’s also quite nice to see quick results.

I’m keeping up my fitness regime which at the moment is a mix of running and weights and I intend to work swimming and cycling back into the routine shortly too. My goals are to get lean (flat belly and no moobs) and the be fit enough to beat my triathlon record which is currenly 1hr 42 for a sprint distance. I want to get it to sub 1hr 30 mins, and there is no chance if I’m carrying around 2 stone of blubber with me!

• posted by Timmy
    on

5:2 seems to be the least used board on this forum! Anyway, I’m clocking in huge results on this, I can’t believe how easy it is to stick to as well. I do have to show quite a bit of will power on the fast days not to go above the 800 cal, but seeing the results it’s quite motivating. Having started a week last Monday (10 days), I’ve gone from 99.5kg to 92.7kg. I am absolutely astouned, and apart from on the fasting days I haven’t even been hungry.

I think my starting weight might have been over the top as the night before had been a bit of a blow out, but still, I’m actually half way to my target weight of 85kg! Needless to say I’m well chuffed.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Well done Timmy,
    I initially did 8 weeks of the Fast 800 but have been doing 5:2 for a while now. It certainly suits my lifestyle too.
    I actually think the most underused board is the mindfulness one – but quite thought provoking (get it?)

• posted by Izzy
    on

the good thing is we all chat and interact regardless of which version we are using 🙂

you’ll get that six pack back soon Timmy!

I have to admit to not using the mindfulness board really, but I do try to be mindful in my days. I probably should have posted the positive thoughts thread in there.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Well done on the massive weight loss Timmy 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.