Just started – progress so far…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AstronomerDaz
    on

This week is a planning week – we were away last weekend for a long-planned get away with friends, and openly admit to not being the healthiest of breaks!!
    So, the plan was that this week, we would start planning the next two weeks of meals (wife is doing this with me ๐Ÿ™‚ ). However, I was keen to start and try some of the recipes, so on Tuesday I did just that!

Tuesday breakfast was porridge made with coconut milk, and dinner was a stir-fry based on the pork and ginger recipe
    Wednesday breakfast was pea and spinach omelette and spicy turkey burgers for dinner
    Today’s breakfast was just a protein shake, as I have some left over burgers for lunch! Dinner will be a steak and salad

I need to increase my water intake, and I have yet to (re)start some exercise, but already I am down just over 2lbs!!

I measured my sugar on Wednesday night before dinner – something I was dreading after the weekend. It was 5.2!!! I was gob-smacked!
    I measured again this morning – 8.5! OK, still high, but my morning readings (when I do them) are usually way above that!!

Wow!!
    If this keeps on (and I am soooooo determined to ensure it does), I will be in much better shape in 8 weeks time!!

P.S.
    I’m using MyFitnessPal to track my food – feel free to connect with me, AstroDaz ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Daz
    what a good start. If someone told you that the weight could drop off without trying you would find it hard to believe. Of course for you, as I, it’s the blood sugar readings that are the most important and the fact that you can see regular reductions in both is massively motivating.
    Keep it up, and soon, there will be a lot less of you under those midnight stars (I dabble, got a 12″ flextube dob)

• posted by AstronomerDaz
    on

Hi Bill
    Many thanks! Yes, I was like a little kid at Christmas this morning! I’ve just ordered some more test strips so I can keep a proper check, and will also be recording waist size as well as weight…

Our weekend away was a star party in Herefordshire – saw some stars even if technology let me down again!!! Haa Haa!!
    When we get our garden sorted, I will have a dob on the patio while the camera does it’s thing in the obsy!!

๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Daz I know the venue you mean in Herefordshire, I used to do Kielder twice a year but the retinopathy put an end to that.
    Now I just drag the scope out on the odd clear night if my eyes aren’t too tired from staring at a computer screen all day.
    I suspect we may have met online before, probably on SGL
    Anyhow, keep posting the results, they all add to the motivation factor for new starters.

Please log in or register to post a reply.