Just got a food vacuum machine!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Steve.R
    on

So I just got a food saver machine made by sunbeam means I can precook the more time consuming meals and vacuum pack them and either freeze the meal or put in the fridge ready for eating you can microwave or boil the bags to heat the meal up. Perfect for if like me your short on time to get everything done. Its now day 3 and feeling fine no massive hunger pains so far but looking forward to week 8 hahaha.

• posted by Frog
    on

hi Steve
    Sounds interesting; I haven’t seen one of these – how is it different from putting things in a normal container or bag, other than saving on washing up? does the food keep better because of the vacuum?

• posted by Steve.R
    on

In a normal container you food stuff is still contained with all the air in the container and this is what aids in the production of the bacteria which starts the breakdown of your food. With the vacuum machine it removes all of the air in the bag and holds the seal while it heat seals the bag so your food will keep it original state for up to 5x longer for example you can freeze fish for 2yrs using this method. So the food im going to eat thru the week that are non meat will keep in the fridge and my fish dishes and other meat dishes ill freeze.The cost of the appliance was $Au100 not to expensive.

Please log in or register to post a reply.