Just checking….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Seadog
    on

Morning all,

I’m just checking with the experts out there..but I’ve just logged the food for the Tuesday meal plan in MM’s book. This is –
    B’fast – egg and avocado
    Lunch – No carb ploughmans
    Dinner – Vegetable curry

As you can see below, the apple from the lunch, and the butternut squash make this day fairly carb heavy ?. I’m just checking, but is this OK ?.

Calories
    Fat
    43 g
    Fiber
    23.4 g
    Carbs
    79.3 g
    Sodium
    1117.4 mg
    Protein
    29.7 g
    Water
    1850 ml
    Daily Calorie Composition: 39% from carbs, 47% from fat and 14% from protein.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Seadog. 79g carbs does seem rather a lot. How many grams of butternut have you recorded? I found the best weight loss for me involved having less that 50g carbs.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi Seadog

There is no doubt that some of the recipes in the book are more carb heavy than others. BNS is carb heavy, as are apples so having them both in the same day may affect things. This isn’t to say you shouldn’t have them but have a look at the back of the book to see what MM has normally teamed together. I am now in the maintenance phase but when I was losing I just chose a breakfast, lunch and dinner from the book and I lost quickly and consistently (with a couple of blips!) for 16 weeks. If you are losing weight following these recipes then just continue to do so but if it’s affecting your BS or weight loss just have a look at less carb heavy dishes for at least one meal of the two and you should be fine.

Our personal favourites are the quick platters for lunch (medi and mexi) and anything with chicken for dinner! (unless you’re veggie in which case…maybe not 🙂 )

Please log in or register to post a reply.