Journey to health

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dee Power
    on

Feeling emotional about beginning this visceral fat removal BSD but focusing on the future and June 27th which will be my 8 week journey end date where more plans will be made for future healthy eating. ๐Ÿ’œ

• posted by Natalie
    on

Welcome to getting healthy! I’m in my second round with many slips but I keep getting up again and I’m still losing weight. There are many inspirational threads here. Everyone has a different experience, some find it easy, some get really hungry at first, some have a plateau in week two, just keep going and you’ll get there.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Welcome Dee,
    Many of us know that feeling, part excitement, part wondering if it really works, part fear we will be the exception that is doesn’t work for.
    It does work, you will get results, you just need to stick to the plan ๐Ÿ™‚
    Keep reading other people’s stories on here and you’ll be inspired, entertained, and amazed!
    Keep posting so we can follow your journey too.

• posted by Dee Power
    on

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I’m sure I’ll experience rough days much like others do but 8 weeks is a short space of time to give my overall health. The possibility of being Diabetes free is like being promised ultimate wealth just for looking after myself properly. Well done you too for working so hard on your health, keep it up ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Dee Power
    on

People like you will certainly help me, your so kind. I’m not sure if I’m tearful because I feel I’m giving up so much or because I may have found the answer to fixing what ails me and returning to health at long last. It’s good to know that there are others who have been there before me and understand. Thanks so much ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Dee, once you start your tears will be of the happy kind ๐Ÿ™‚
    You will quickly realise that you aren’t giving anything up that was worth having. You will be giving up the extra weight, high blood sugars, tiredness, lack of energy, and bleak future as a type 2 diabetic.
    On the other hand you will be gaining better health, more energy, better blood sugar control, a feeling of well being, trimmer figure, and a much brighter future in remission from diabetes.
    Chin up, you can do it ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I have to agree with cherrianne Dee
    You will start noticing changes (not just weight loss) in the first week. You may experience the odd plateau, lots of us do, but just stick to the plan and the weight loss will start again, you need to give your body the time to adjust to burning fat instead of carbs and your body will fight back at first until it realises that you are the boss now.
    Some time during the next 8 weeks you’re going to see someone eating the things you used to love and you will suddenly notice that it doesn’t bother you any more, you will feel fitter and sleep better as well.
    Just stick to the plan and don’t forget to shout out if you need any answers or you are having a food crisis. We will offer as much support as we can, even if it’s just to give a shoulder to cry on, but what we really want to do is help you celebrate your new found health.

Best of luck for your 8 weeks and beyond.

• posted by Dee Power
    on

Hi all, I’ve had a great couple of days ! As you know I started the plan on Tuesday straight after having my bloods done. I’m not feeling hungry like I thought plus everything is so flavourful. My favourite meal so far is the Red Pepper Jewelled Feta, wow yummmmmmy Visited with my Doctor today and got his approval to follow the plan, his exact words were; “this is the way everyone should be eating”. I’m really pleased with his response except for a comment he made about the medication probably being permanent, puzzling ??? Stuck to the plan, replacing meat, fish and poultry with vegetarian alternatives. Even my caffeine withdrawal headache has subsided. Feeling really excited and positive about the weeks to come and am most grateful for the wonderful support I’ve received here xxx. I do have one question ; ‘are the no guilt bakes allowed with the daily meals or are they to replace meals ? By the way I was going to wait ’til the end of week one to weigh myself but failed, got up on the scales this morning and was thrilled to see a 2lb weight loss, amazing.

Thank you all, talk to you tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚
    Dee

• posted by Dee Power
    on

Hi Bill,

wow you make it sound so exciting thanks so much for taking the time to reply and make me feel welcome and encouraged. Judging by the last 2 days on the plan and being down 2 lbs I can see that you’re right. Thanks again for the wise words.

Dee

• posted by Izzy
    on

congratulations on making such a great start ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m only on week two myself so not a veteran but I’m surprised to find myself enjoying this way of eating!

Lets keep going and get healthy ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.