Journey to Health

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dee Power
    on

Tomorrow Tuesday 26th April 2016 at 9.30am I will have my fasting bloods taken. I begin eating the BSD way straight after that. Hopefully my doctor will support me but I won’t know that until Thursday the 28th. The kitchen is ready, the groceries purchased and all is good to go but I’m still emotional. Joining this forum is the best thing I could have done to help myself as I’ve already had replies from very caring people who made me feel that I can do this xxxxxxxxxxx thanks so much <3 So, Blueberry ‘n Green Tea Shake for breakfast tomorrow when I recover from the Nurses needle lol looking forward to it beginning ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Patsy
    on

Good luck with it, Dee.

• posted by Dee Power
    on

Good Morning Everyone, I hope this day finds you happy and healthier than you were yesterday ๐Ÿ™‚ I have had an interesting week but have finally come to the end of it. As you know I started the BSD last tuesday after seeing my nurse for tests then I saw my Doctor on Thursday the 28th April 2016 and I have to say he was very supportive and even stated that this is the way everyone should be eating. I’m so excited to report that in my first week my fasting blood is down to 4.6 and I have managed to loose 9 ‘n 1/2 lbs. AMAZING !!! Feeling so pumped now for next week. I realize that this kind of loss won’t happen every week but still, “wow” ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m trying my best to stick to the plan, drinking lots of water too, I haven’t come up with any recipes and not sure that I will but if I do you’ll be the first to know. Wishing you all a great week xx

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Well done Dee,
    Those are some pretty exciting results ๐Ÿ™‚
    What a great start to your BSD journey

• posted by Dee Power
    on

I have to say that giving up the foods I loved i.e pizza, pasta, potatoes, fast food and all the sweet stuff was not as difficult as I assumed it would be. I’m also happy with the fact that I’m not hungry ๐Ÿ™‚ My weigh day is Tuesday 10th May and I’m feeling very excited about that because I feel lighter I feel that I’ve lost more weight and that’s simply amazing, a reason to celebrate. I’m going to try to put away a โ‚ฌ2 coin for every pound lost and I might stretch that to a fiver (โ‚ฌ5) if I’m flush lol Then when I reach my goal weight or half way there I’ll treat myself to something nice to wear. Really looking forward to that ๐Ÿ˜‰ Trying to follow the 4 week plan as its written at the back of the book, is anyone else doing that ? The Beetroot Falafels were absolutely delish and I think served cold with a salad on a picnic some hot summers day dipped in Greek yoghurt will be so perfect. 2 with chutney between them = sandwich to die for !!! I hope everyone is enjoying the food as much as I and the weight is coming down. At the end of week one my nurse is already talking about reducing my meds YEAH ME !!!!!! <3 Sleeping like a rock and full of energy too by the way, loving all the changes ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bissell
    on

Brilliant news Dee Power! A reduction in your meds is such a positive result and 9.5 lbs lost! Wow!
    I’m following the 4 week plan in the book, with a few swops here and there. I’ve got the ingredients for the beetroot falafels so I’ll try them tomorrow. The chicken Harissa was good, and the chicken with lentils. And the no carb ploughman’s. Tried the bolognaise with cauli ‘rice’ yesterday, wasn’t convinced I would like it but it was delicious! Nothing like having an appetite to appreciate what food you can have!

Keep on doing what you are doing, it’s working a treat!

• posted by Dee Power
    on

Really excited about my weight loss this week which was an astonishing 5lbs which means that in 2 weeks I’ve lost one stone and a half a pound. 1st 1/2lb // 14.5 lbs. Really amazed and ready for week 3. I’m a vegetarian and sticking to most of the week one meals from the plan in the back of the book. Drinking green tea and lemon water, it all helps. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Dee Power
    on

Just had my medication reduced from 3 850mg Metformin per day to 500mg x 3 per day, an amazing step in the right direction. My weight is standing still at one stone loss in 2 weeks, no loss for week 3 but I’m ok with that as I know that my body is adjusting now to a new way of eating. Must introduce exercise now ๐Ÿ˜‰ Wishing everyone a successful and happy week <3

• posted by Dee Power
    on

If anyone has recipes suitable for vegetarians and the 800 diet I’d really appreciate you sharing them with me. I’ve tried a few things myself but feel that they’re not balanced and are preventing weight loss or maybe my portion sizes are wrong . I’m thrilled with my reduction in medication from 3 x 850mg metformin to 3 x 500mg metformin and really want this to work so all help greatly appreciated.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Dee Power, there are some good recipes on the recipe section – cauliflower and creamy bean soup is one I can recommend.
    I use different soups most days for lunch as I make at least 4 portions and freeze 3. I generally have a weeks supply of soup in the freezer! Green Pea and Mint, Tomato, Red Pepper and Chili, Veg soup (leek, carrot, onion, garlic, tin beans) with a veg stock all make up well. I add a tin of beans to all except the Green Pea recipe. Blitz well.
    For the soups, I weigh everything and work out the calories and carbs then adjust the portion size to give 20-25g carb per portion. Another very freezer friendly recipe is Rose Elliot’s Chunky Ratatouille –
    http://www.roseelliot.com/catalogue_item.php?catID=2033&prodID=10994
    which I normally manage to make 8-10 portions of. I add a tin of white beans to it (cannellini) about 10 minutes before the end of cooking – it ups the protein. I also freeze chunks of parmesan in 15g amounts and use one per portion.
    If you use tinned tomatoes it is a more runny version. Also, if you add 2tsp ground coriander seeds and 2tsp cumin seeds to it at the beginning, it spices it up a bit.
    I aimed for 60g carbs a day as I found that worked for me. Breakfast was around 10g carbs and the other two meals about 25g. I lost weight consistently that way, but everyone finds the carbs level where they can lose weight, without getting hungry.
    Good luck with the journey.

Please log in or register to post a reply.