Joined a hotel leisure club a good alternative option

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lowenna
    on

I’ve joined numerous gyms in the past but have always been put off by the cost and by the people. They always seem such unfriendly and pressured places and I always end up leaving

Today I went on an induction day at my local Warners Hotel. They let people join their leisure club and then you get the same benefits as the guests. This includes use of the pool, the gym and other activities like archery and shooting. I thought this might work better for me because I can’t do full on exercise. Everyone was so friendly. I went for a swim and a walk and easily completed my 10,000 steps. All without having screaming children in my ear!

Just thought i would post this as I had never thought before about joining a hotel club rather than an ordinary gym. And I feel this time I will keep it up.

• posted by Timmy
    on

Funnily enough I used to be a member of my local hotel gym/pool but left because of the price and because they didn’t have the right equipment to do deadlifts and squats. I joined a monkey gym full or roiders instead.

But yesterday when I was with my kids at the same said hotel for their swimming lessons, and it turns out they’ve lowered their prices and got in proper barbells! I’ll defo be rejoining there after my hols.

• posted by Frog
    on

Marriott often do short term offers at Christmas time – I once had a Christmas at home, went to the gym every day and lost weight over the break. From memory about £12 for a week or ten days.

City of London has a great scheme at the Golden Lane gym at Barbican – if you’re over 50, it’s £45 a year (less if you actually live in city of London borough) and includes several free gym sessions a week, swimming and gentle aerobics (where everyone else is over 50, rather than trying to keep up with a bunch of lycra clad 20 somethings) – and using the gym at weekends and times of the week that aren’t “young at heart” sessions costs £1.50.

Please log in or register to post a reply.