I've started at last – week 3 and 10lbs off

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Whoopsie Daisy
    on

Although I bought the book and registered on here in the New Year, it has taken me all this time to start, but I have finally started and I have lost 10lbs in 3 weeks. Very pleased indeed!

I’m trying to combine the 800 calories eating with 16:8, so eating between 12 noon and 8pm, no breakfast, as I find it makes me hungrier.

Making lots of courgetti and cauli rice to eat with the family eating pasta and rice. Quick question, can you successfully freeze cauli rice?

• posted by SchnitzelVonKrumm
    on

Well done! That’s a great result. I think you could freeze it if it was just grated raw and not cooked yet.

• posted by Whoopsie Daisy
    on

Thank you! I’ll give it a go freezing the uncooked cauli rice. I have bought some zip lock freezer bags that you can use in the microwave, so that would be very convenient.

• posted by SchnitzelVonKrumm
    on

I haven’t tried microwaving cauliflower rice. I have been heating it through in a wok with a tiny bit of oil. Microwave sounds even easier!

• posted by Frog
    on

Usually I have cauliflower rice with something in a spicy sauce anyway, so just microwaving is fine.
    If you are having it with something dry (I added prawns the other week), it works well to microwave, then stir through a drizzle of sesame oil. No mess, and probably absorbs less oil than if you stir fry.

Please log in or register to post a reply.