IT REALLY DOES WORK

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by kbdmark
    on

Its very easy to listen and to ignore the professionals that make things sound better than they are but in this case I think they undersell the benefits and results

When I started this plan it was because I was diagnosed borderline diabetic and my doctor give me sound advice and good direction leading me to BSD.

My results read for themselves and I hope anybody in the same situation can draw comfort from the facts that after 12 weeks you will not only feel better and look great you will also be healthier.

I had a blood test done with the results coming a few days before starting the programme, the results shocked me, in a bad way. My HBA1C on the 19/6/2017 was 47 (greater than 48 is type 2 diabetes) My plasma fasting Glucose level was 7.8mmol/L (Concentrations greater than 6.9 indicate probable diabetes) My clothes size was a tight UK extra large with my jeans being a UK 38inch. My weight which I had never considered was 17 stone Approx 108kg.

I have today just gone back to my GP to get the results of my latest blood test. I was shocked again but this time in a much more delighted way. My HBA1C on the 13/9/2017 was 34 (a massive 13 less, diabetes reversed) My plasma fasting Glucose level was 4.7mmol/L (3.1 down, diabetes reversed) My clothes size now is a UK small with my jeans being an amazing UK 28inch. My weight, which wasn’t my motivation to start this programme, is 12 stone Approx 76kg a whopping 5 stone loss.

Amazing results on paper and when I went back to my GP today all she keep saying was Amazing and Marvellous. This alone made me feel great.

Results that only somebody who has successfully achieved the above can tell you. Although I need another stone of weight gone to be within the guide lines for my build I feel GREAT. Prior to this programme I didn’t feel good about myself, my joints had pain daily, I would get out of breath very easily and quickly and I didn’t have conversations with people because I couldn’t be bothered. Now the out of breathiness is rare, the pain has gone and people can not shut me up again. My wife said she has her husband back.

All I can say is that do not put any pressure on yourselves about how much weight you want to lose or what your end goal is. Obviously have and idea, when people asked me I simply said that I didn’t know but I’d know when I get there. For some reason most people fixated then on how well I was doing with all positive comments rather than any negatives of how far it was to get to my goal etc. Believe in the plan and do NOT think of it as a diet, IT IS A LIFE CHANGE, I told myself this and it truly is. It’s very flexible, even though you get the menu, the recipe and the shopping list, do not be afraid to adjust it to your tastes, my biggest dislike was Quinoa Porridge, I tried it once didn’t enjoy it so replaced it with Yogurt and berries. You also do not have to stay in, make good choices when you go out for meals, most of the restaurants I went to could do me a Greek Salad with Grilled fish and an olive oil dressing even if it wasn’t on the menu, among other foods.

The other thing that seemed to play on a lot of peoples mind was the exercise. I took my own GP’s advice on this as well as the BSD guides. All I did was each night, after having my meal, was go for a walk which started at a slow pace and lasted for about 5 to 10mins. I increased this weekly and now go out each night for a 30min brisk walk of 1.8miles.

Importantly I had good support from my wife and other close friends. Those that didn’t understand or were negative I kept a bit of distance from. Now I’m going to enjoy their reaction when they see me now

The only down side to this that I can think of was that I had to donate 26 dustbin bags full of clothes to our local Salvation Army and have had to buy a complete new wardrobe of clothes! Although my wife has also lost weight and sees this as a positive as well.

I could probably go on for hours, that’s how good I feel

IT WORKS, KEEP GOING AND GOOD LUCK

Mark

• posted by legreen
    on

Great success story. Thanks for sharing.

• posted by Panda Bear
    on

Excellent results! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing. I check this forum every morning for a gem to keep me motivated and your story has been just the thing to kick start today!

• posted by tigs
    on

Superb kbdmark!!

• posted by Spalmon
    on

Thanks for posting your story, well done on your fabulous achievement I hope you continue to enjoy your healthy new life x

• posted by marie123
    on

That’s great news, Mark. I’m coming to the end of my first 8 weeks and feel just as you do. I also need to lose more weight so will be continuing on and will look forward to your future posts. Best wishes
    Marie

Please log in or register to post a reply.