Is there any harm to continue on the 800 for more than 8 weeks?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wolfie1038
    on

I have been on the 800 for 8 weeks and lost 23 pounds and dropped my bg to below 130 and maintained that. I still have about 50 more pounds to go, and since this is working so well, I was wondering if I could just continue on with the 800 for a longer period of time.

I also have a problem even GETTING to 800! The average for this 8 wk period is 635. Is this ok?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Wolfie, first of all getting to 800 – are you counting absolutely everything, milk in drinks, oil for cooking, every mouthful. If you are then dont worry, my doctor said as long as I wasn’t falling down in a dead faint. I tend to be around 700 but allow myself a piece of dark chocolate for a treat. Anyway, you have done so well you must be very happy.

As for carrying on. Well I am just about one year on this diet, I obviously have had breaks from the strict 800 like on holiday but never break the no bad carb rule and kept my blood glucose below 100 generally. Continue until you get to where you want to be but give yourself a break now and then. As long as you dont touch the carbs a break will do you no harm and will be easy to get back on track when you are ready. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Ali below 6mmol
    on

I have done it for 7 weeks and my sugars are now normal, as are all my bloods. I want to lose more weight and get my fasting blood sugar down to 5.

I have done my diet with hardly any exercise apart from a 20 minute walk up a steep hill every day to my house. My GP is thrilled as I had blood sugar of 7.2mmol only 7 weeks ago!

I want to carry on as I have no desire to eat bread or startchy things. I don’t fall asleep at midday any more, I can eat my greek yoghurt and berries for breakfast and power through to my salad and salmon for lunch.

In short I am transformed and want to carry on. I am on about 900 calories a day and as a mid 40s desk bound analyst, this is probably enough food.

the doctor now wants me to experiment with 150 minutes of brisk cardio a week so i’m buying a cardio machine for my garage.

I will repost after 8 weeks to see if my waist is going to get down to 32 which is me target – I am still fat on the tummy which is bad.

in my view, carry on!

• posted by Ali below 6mmol
    on

my treat is a spoonful of peanut butter or a spoonful of double cream.
    this keeps me sane if I have a bad day.

A handful of walnuts seems to work for a mid afternoon boost. love the taste and mouth feel of them! Second snack is pork scratchings. You can get low fat ones from the body building sites.

Please log in or register to post a reply.