Interesting article in today's Guardian

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Wow that pulls no punches
    This is going to go mainstream soon, you can see it starting to happen.
    Watch the price of full fat dairy and healthy veg go up once the word gets out

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

I caught part of the Victoria Derbyshire show this morning – there was Dr Malhotra, mentioned in the Guardian article arguing the case for fat and a representative from British Heart Foundation (more sitting on the fence) discussing this. And Public Health England is branding it irresponsible – still got their head in the sand.
    IMHO there’s nothing wrong with the idea of an Eat Well plate of food – so long as you are fit/healthy, the right weight & reasonably active to start with – a little bit of everything shouldn’t be a problem. We awkward humans tend to have illnesses/injuries, allergies, a whole raft of emotional problems that can mess with weight control. Not to mention the junk generally being cheaper to buy than the good foodstuffs. Medicines are prescribed according to the patient’s condition so it makes sense that dietary advice should be tailored in a similar fashion. And the BSD possibly comes nearest to being a one-size-fits-all diet in that it’s suitable for T2 diabetics and non-diabetics alike.

If I was an avocado I’d be suing for defamation of character! How long did I avoid avocadoes because they were high in fat – now I have them weekly.

Now that the National Obesity Forum has put the cat among the pigeons maybe Public Health England will have to rethink (once they’ve combed the sand out of their hair).

Please log in or register to post a reply.