injury whilst exercising (Advise please)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marinecole
    on

Hi
    On week 3 (of 4) of my yearly BSD maintenance, going well. However, I have manage to cause some muscle or ligament damage to my lower back whilst training and this injury is persisting. I am wondering if the the low calories and hence low nutrients is affecting my recovery. Anybody have a position or advise on this?

thanks

AC

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi Marinecole

Sorry to hear about your injury, and hope it improves soon. I know what back problems are like, so you have my utmost sympathy. You could try eating more olives, nuts, avocados, flaxseeds etc, as the oils from these have an anti-inflammatory effect. You may also need a bit of extra protein to help muscle / ligament healing. Fish oils also have anti-inflammatory properties, so increasing your intake of oily fish would cover both protein and anti-inflammatories.

Also, turmeric has wonderful healing properties and many of my friends swear by Turmeric (or Golden) Paste – google it for recipes.There is nothing in it that wouldn’t totally fit in with the BSD – my friends’ recipe consists of turmeric, coconut oil, black pepper and water. You can add it to anything you like – drinks, eggs etc.

Hope this helps and you are well on the way to recovery soon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.