In my 50's and need to do this properly!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Skinnyjeans
    on

Hi guys I fell off the wagon after 8 days because hubby took me away for a few days! Hey that’s me but really do need to crack this and get 35lbs off!!! Yay that would be fabulous!
    Today is my first day for the rest of my life. I’m in my 50’s and do seriously believe it’s hard to lose weight with aches and pains in my back! Lost my positivity, on anti depressants and seem to be getting bigger!
    Need support with daily ideas for planning, I’ll post mine too!
    …one question though, the recipes in the book are the calculations per serving ??
    Here’s to our future, Christmas is 11weeks away???

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Skinnyjeans
    The calorie calculations for the recipes in the BSD book are for one portion.
    Today is indeed the first day of the rest of your life and you can do it!!
    I suffer with arthritis in my shoulders, elbows and hands and I suddenly realised after 2-3 weeks on the BSD, the pain had practically disappeared. It is really helping me. I also suffer with a bad back and decided after 2 months of pain and movement problems last Nov/Dec that I had to do something for myself. So lost some weight, started yoga at home with youtube 10 minute sessions and it is all greatly improved. Alas put the weight back on but then in August found the BSD and haven’t looked back!!! 18 1/2lbs down already!!
    Good luck. Stick with it again. 11 weeks to Christmas, arghhh!

• posted by Getting my life back
    on

Hi Skinnyjeans as Trelawny says we can do this 11 weeks to Christmas I love Christmas luckily for me my girls are all adults they know I am on this healthy eating and are really supportive along with my husband even though he is a very fussy eater and doesn’t always want to try my new meals. Just had the peppered mackerel frittata for my dinner I added green beans for my veg, very nice actually got hubby to eat the other half which he enjoyed haven’t told him the rest of the ingredients otherwise he would have refused to try it lol. I will be having some sweet treats in the house for guests over Christmas but will try not too have any myself. I would love to be 35lbs down by Christmas not sure if that is doable but I am going to try my hardest really am focused. Bit high on my cals today but under 30g of carbs. I’m in my 50,s and can’t do much walking I have a painful foot trying to pluck up the courage to have the steroid injection just sounds really painful in my heel. Tomorrow is the end of my second week I try to read all the threads so many great tips, ideas and inspiration.
    Porridge and berries for breakfast, roasted red peppers and butternut squash soup for lunch and frittata for dinner all from the recipe book enjoyed them all xx

• posted by Skinnyjeans
    on

Thank you both for your replys, really appreciate it. I’ve done ok today but made a list for tomorrow, to go to a health shop to get chai seeds etc. I’m really looking forward to doing this and it’s really about time I gave my body a holiday from all the rubbish I put in! It’s true what they say “you are what you eat” Here’s to a fitter healthier positive future and I want to be telling you next Friday “IVE ONLY GONE AND LOST SOME WEIGHT ” ! Got to get into those skinny jeans!!! Lol

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Skinnyjeans, how you doing? xx

• posted by Skinnyjeans
    on

Hi trelawny I’m really positive and can’t believe how good I’ve been, compared to how I normally cook, eat etc! Been cooking new things and adding extra bits for hubbys dinner. Must say I had the speedy chicken lentils tonight, awful! maybe to much chilli so just had a chicken breast with a bit of cheese. Hey ho hubby and son loved it! Lol
    Going to weigh myself tomorrow but looking at my ankles they look slightly slimmer!!! Fingers crossed
    How you doing x

• posted by Skinnyjeans
    on

How you doing Getting my life back???

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Excellent Skinnyjeans. Fingers crossed for your weigh in. Keep us informed. I am doing okay, sticking to plan, pootling along!! xx

• posted by Skinnyjeans
    on

Well 4 fab days in and lost 6lbs!!! So pleased, cracking on !!!!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Well done Skinnyjeans, excellent news! It works, the skinnyjeans will soon fit!!!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

What’s the news this week Skinnyjeans?

Please log in or register to post a reply.