I'm scared its not working….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ladyogg
    on

Hi
    I’m day 12 – started at 13.8 – lost 4lb in the 1st week & now nothing seems to be moving – I know I shouldn’t be weighing everyday but I have been and I’ve been 13.5 for the last 3 days straight. (yes I put 1lb on somehow!) I have however lost 1 inch around my waist.
    I’m doing 800 a day / 10k a day / loads of water / averaging under 50g of carbs a day.
    I’m just scared this isn’t going to work for me….I’m finding it hard & not getting the encouragement of weight loss…
    I’ve also got a headache, had it since yesterday – I’ve already drunk 2 pints of water today & its still there….
    Any advise of thoughts would be greatly received. Thanks x

• posted by ladyogg
    on

Oh also I’m doing the brunch / dinner thing that is recommended on the weekends – I work from hme so find it easy to do everyday…is this wrong to do everyday??

• posted by AndreaG
    on

Ladyogg – don’t despair. Plateaus are normal and to do with water retention but you will get a whoosh when it all gets flushed out. When it happens seems to be different with everyone so persevere. I weigh every day as well but try to detach from the result – record it and move on. My graph of weigh has a gentle downward trend, but there are ups, downs and straight lines as well. The headaches are normally dehydration so carry on drinking, maybe a gentle walk or some meditation?. An inch from your waist shows it is working – reducing the dangerous fat.

The brunch/ dinner thing is fine, a lot of people seem to naturally move to a 2 meal day with this if you don’t eat just because you’ve got up, but wait until you’re hungry. The total calories and carbs are the important point, so if this suits you stick with it.

All the best
    Andrea

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Ladyogg, for the headache take something, it is only a short term thing and you are not going to be medicating every day. Just don’t suffer. As for the weight, the only way to make this work is to get through the plateaux, stick with the plan and keep drinking the water. It will happen, search for the Thread of the Woosh Effect, suddenly you will be 2 or 3 lbs down.

Please log in or register to post a reply.