If you are exercising can the calories be added to the 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Darwingirl
    on

Hi all
    I exercised regularly before going onto BGD 800 but need to know what to do now – I try to do 5km a day.
    So for example today I jogged 5km at lunchtime and then did a slow 5km on the treadmill after work. So can I add the two lots of 275 calories to my 800 ??
    I have only been on the diet for a week and have moved a few kg but don’t want to sabotage my results.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Darwingirl,
    If you have your level of carbs low enough your body can access all the calories it needs from your fat stores so no need to increase calories to match exercise levels.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Darwingirl, your calories should remain at 800 no matter what exercise you do. Like JGwen says, the point is to keep your carb intake so low that you burn stored fat for energy, not the calories from the food you’ve eaten.

• posted by enigma
    on

Hi everyone,
    I’ve not started the diet yet hoping to on Monday one of the things that has been worrying me was my exercise, I cycle to work and back everyday with is around 13 miles (not sure what that is in km!) and I also do exercise classes three days a week at lunchtime which are like circuit training but its all done with using just your own body weight. I am often very tired anyway and I was worried whether I would need to up my intake to compensate for that but you have helped me to understand I hope that I can manage to do it without too much stress or falling off the wagon!

• posted by Niknak87
    on

Hi there,
    I was worried about this a week ago but after having stuck to the 800 calories even though I kept up my exercise, I actually felt like I had more energy for my exercise and I found the exercise days to be easier oddly enough.
    It is doable, don’t worry. 😉
    This diet is encouraging your body to access it’s own fat for energy and we have plenty of that. I know I do anyway… 😂

Please log in or register to post a reply.