Ideal weight and maintanace phase

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GregDon
    on

Hi there

I’ve just finished the 8 weeks BSD and I must say it’s been a revelation! I’m a 6’1 43 year old male who’s always looked thin but carried a bloated belly (well hidden) around. After 4 weeks the belly had gone and I was loving the diet – it didn’t feel like a chore, I was taking an interest in cooking again rather than shoving a pizza in the oven. After 8 weeks I’ve gone from 12stone 10lbs to 11 stone 5lbs – to be honest i probably look a bit too thin because the weight has dropped from my face and neck as well as my belly.

Anyone know what I should do next? I’ve got a feeling that I need to build some muscle to bulk up a little and up my calories but I don’t want to just balloon up again…

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi GregDon

I’ve hit my target weight (a week ago) and decided to just gradually increase what I eat while eating the BSD low-carb foods until my weight stabilises. Doing that I still lost 2 pounds last week.

Others who are maintaining seem to follow a similar path. It seems that the main thing is to be really careful with carbs. Like many others I’ve had to accept that they have no place in my life now.

Hope this helps v

Please log in or register to post a reply.