IBS

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wild Saffron
    on

Anybody have IBS? I have been on the diet for 6 weeks now and managed to lose 23lbs which is great. However, I have had to introduce some starches with meals because the diet is too high in insoluble fibre and wondered how other people were managing and what they were eating?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Wild Saffron, I have just noticed your post so sorry for the lateness of this response.
    I have diverticulitis and I have found I am much better on this diet. Someone else has said their IBS is much better too. I haven’t added any starch to my diet as I think that is what caused the problems in the first place 🙁

• posted by mazamu
    on

That is interesting to read. I am starting the diet on Monday and have IBS. I was a bit worried about all the veg and pulses but I have a sneaky suspicion this is another health area that will actually improve.

• posted by KitArgyll27
    on

Hi there! I also have IBS and I have been doing a ‘version’ of the Fast 800 since early December. I took two weeks away from it over Christmas (from the diet – we didn’t go anywhere;-) ) but didn’t go completely mad, and started again properly on the 7th of this month when I went back to work. My IBS symptoms are usually urgent diarrhoea in the mornings with periodic constipation and associated pain, along with what feels like random cramps/knots/spasms that I’ve never been able to attribute to any particular foodstuff. Generally speaking I’ve found a great improvement in my morning routine with far fewer emergency runs to start my day. When I say I’m doing a ‘version’, I started off doing 800cals and less than 40g carbs a day. I was finding that some days it was a struggle to eat 800 cals as I just wasn’t hungry so I am generally doing two days on 600, the rest on 800 and not stressing if I go slightly over on those days. I also try to eat my two meals between 1pm and 7pm and nothing else outside of that and try to keep carbs down to less than 30g. I have no idea how much I’ve lost because I don’t own any scales and have made a conscious decision not to get any. I’m doing this to get blood sugars and blood pressure under control and any weight loss is a bonus. I am wearing a couple of items that I didn’t feel comfy in pre-Christmas, and today at work when I sat too near the radiator and overheated, I felt happy enough to take my cardigan off whereas beofre I’d have been hiding in it no matter how hot. So something is happening!

• posted by Irish Eyes
    on

I’m IBS and have to avoid avocados, mushrooms, asparagus apples…what can I replace these with…..?

Please log in or register to post a reply.