I HAVE A PLAN – Wk 12 starting Oct 9

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Let’s travel on together through all the challenges leading up the festivities at the end of the year!
    I’m certain that we can all arrive at goals and strategies for getting us there with minimal damages,
    and I’m looking forward to sharing them 🙂 A virtual bright red new frock for everyone 🙂 🙂 🙂 See
    you all for weigh in and re-accessment tuesday morning!!

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Though I won’t be on this thread for the coming week, I wish you all a great week – and indeed good weeks through to the festive season.

Strange you should mention a red frock, Allie, I’ve actually been looking at one with an asymmetric hemline and sparkles!

• posted by Natalie
    on

I am down 0.4kg to 72.5 kg this week. I’m very happy with that, considering my current diet restriction – I’m 3 weeks into eating bread so I can be tested for gluten intolerance, only 1 week to go! Two reasons I am doing this ‘gluten challenge’ are abdominal pain are frequent mouth ulcers. Well I’ve had less abdominal pain in the past three weeks than I have for years! Only a couple of mild discomfort days and one bad day which was after eating quite a lot of processed food. So I’m pretty sure it’s not the gluten, but maybe could be something else in factory-made biscuits and 2 minute noodles. Or maybe I just don’t get enough fibre most of the time and eating bread is actually helping (in which case I’ll need to eat a lot more veges instead). It also seems it’s not related to my monthly cycle (ive had uterine fibroids removed, and it wasn’t clear if this pain was from reproductive or digestive area).
    I’ve had mouth ulcers twice – once after eating half a packet of Mentos (fruit flavoured lollies) and right now after that birthday cake with icing. I’ve always associated the mouth ulcers with sugar so I think I was right all along!
    I’ll continue with this final week of eating bread so I can have the official test, since I’ve gone this far. I think the bread is hindering weight loss and it makes me feel heavy as well, and of course is bad for my prediabetes so I want to cut it out again even if it’s not causing the pain. And it takes up so many calories and carbs and stomach space I don’t have room for much else even though I’m not sticking to 800.
    The sore on my tongue will certainly keep me on the straight and narrow where sugar is concerned – at least until it heals. 😝

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Nathalie = great result considering the bread loading. My symptoms of gut rumbling and internal flatulence have subsided and I’m wondering if it’s the two 24 hour fast which I did from Friday, giving my digestive system some time off! I think I need to address the gut bacteria thing but am feeling so much better now since off the bread for over a week.
    Have a great day!

• posted by Squidge
    on

It makes sense to continue with the test, Natalie. Hope you can work out what causes the problems so you can avoid it in future.

I’ve been travelling for two months, so didn’t weigh myself (different scales give different results, so it wouldn’t have been accurate if I tried) and wasn’t always able to stick to the diet (sometimes due to what was available and I confess sometimes due to giving in to temptation). As a resut I’ve put on 5 lb – so my plan is to loose that as quickly as possible and then get back to a maintenance diet which works. That should be much easier when I’m home most of the time.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good result Natalie – given your having to eat bread, you’ve done well. Squidgy, 5lb in two months is not so bad and I’m sure you will soon see that off once you are back to basics.

My result this morning was a 0.2lb loss for the last week – not as great as I’d hoped, but better than nothing. I have 3.2lb wriggle room to take on our month’s holiday with me, which is okay – not as much as I’d have liked, but hopefully enough.

Want to wish you all as great week and hope there will be a weekly challenge thread still running in a month’s time, as I’m sure I will need it then. Keep on keeping on everyone and wave goodbye to those unwanted pounds.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Squidge travelling for two months sounds very tricky for your diet, you did well! And SunnyB a loss is a loss, congrats on having wriggle room. Enjoy your time away!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Day 1 Week 12..I didn’t weigh myself this morning because I know that I have a good 3lbs of holiday wine
    indulgence to zap away. I have a major birthday looming large on the horizon, a new decade, and I really
    need to see wt. gone by then. So, I’m committing to walking 5 out of 7 days this week, resuming 3 liters of
    water per day, and falling out of maintenance back to the 800/20, which I haven’t done in well over a year.
    It will be like riding a bike, right? 🙂 DDay will be Oct. 18th. I’m looking to you all to give a me a light tap on
    the tail feathers if I slip off track. Hopefully the scales will be my much appreciated reward b-day morning!

Natalie, just a few more days with the bread, right? I know you’ll be seeing rapidly falling numbers after
    that. It should be quite dramatic, in fact 🙂

Wendleg, eclectic, how are you feeling about another challenge? Kazz, you’ve just had a spectacular week…
    would dearly love to see you here, too:)

SQUIDGE! I couldn’t imagine where you had gotten off to! Where were you traveling? Welcome home!!!

I hope to see our numbers continue to grow..Week 11 was filled with wonderful chat, the exchange of info,
    and more than a little fun. It is our weekly play date 🙂 🙂 🙂 Our serious work is getting done, but the laughter
    is our treat on the plate! No calories, no guilt, wholesome and BSD friendly….

• posted by Panda Bear
    on

Hi all! Everyone seems so busy! Just touching base on this new thread. I will weigh in tomorrow morning. :/ Looking forward to focusing on exercise, eating fewer calories using BSD principles and seeing what happens with the weight over this next week. 🙂

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello! I’m here too…. a weekly challenge works for me too. 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

Great, great, great, to have you along for the ride, PandaBear and Kazzi! I can never resist a party,
    especially one that continues for an entire week 🙂 (Anything to avoid “housework”…It’s the gift that
    just keeps giving..) .Uggh!

• posted by Squidge
    on

Water! I hardly drank any when I was away. Don’t know why as I could have done. Somehow I just got out of the habit. Maybe that accounts for some of the weight gain – drinking lots definitely seemed to help me lose it.

I’ll get back into the habit of having a few glasses each day, and remember to do the same next time I’m away.

• posted by Nicola12
    on

Hi all,
    After a fair few months off the wagon, the lbs have been creeping back on. You might remember me from earlier threads, but just in case, a little recap on me! I started at 167lbs back in February. I stuck to the 800/20 and got down to a low of 144lbs in May.

In June, I moved from the South of England to the North of Scotland, changing jobs and moving from a 2 bedroom flat, to renting a room in a friends house (which has impacted on what food we can buy/cook/store due to having to share space). Since then the diet has gone out the window and I’ve done a lot of stress-eating. I’ve upped my exercise a bit, but nowhere near as much as I’d hoped to.

Fast forward to now, I can tell my shape has changed and it’s really effected my self esteem. I finally got on the scales yesterday and am now 157.2lbs, so still 10lbs down overall.

As of yesterday I’m back on it! Not strictly 800/20, but keeping the carbs under 50, and the calories tend to keep low anyway. Currently tucking in to raspberries and Greek yogurt and looking forward to this challenge 💪🏻

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Nicola – of course we remember you! I was very impressed with your complete change of job and a huge move!
    I think you’ve done wonderfully, considering you’ve been through such an upheaval! It’s great to see you back here and back on the wagon. 🙂 Yey! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Nicki, I’m so happy to see you back ! As Kazzi says, of course we remember you 🙂 How are you
    enjoying Scotland? This is a great month to get onboard for the lead up to the holidays..You’ll have
    everything well under control by then. The weekly challenges are ongoing, so we’ll all be here to
    cheer you on!

Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

I hope everyone is feeling “on point”, and heading into the weekend with loads of resolve 🙂 Cooler
    temps and loads of sunshine forecast for New England, so I’ll be putting long walks at the top of
    my priority list. Are any of you looking at special challenges? I love Autumn!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning everyone !

I’m always up for your challenge, Allie ! I am down 4lbs this week ( just completed Week 6) The scales are moving again which is great . I did an extended fast this week which was manageable because I got in so late on Thursday evening so I did not eat from Wednesday evening until Friday lunchtime. About 40 hours. I was intrigued and interested to see if I could do it. As you know I do OMAD during the Week.
    I have been discussing fruit/carbs etc on another thread and JGwen as always has given me good advice. I need to be more precise about the amount of carbs I eat. It’s easy for me to think I can have my moderate protein and load up my plate with veg and salad but the carbs all add up. I’m also intrigued about ‘ketosis’ and bought some ketostix to check my wee but I don’t really know if weak or mid range keto ( according to the colour reaction) is good or not and what it means.How long do you have to be in ketosis to burn fat ? Does it stop as soon as you eat some carbs again ?
    This is my last Week at school before the holidays so I will be on plan and then have to see how I cope with Spain from the 24th to 31st October.I am well informed ( thanks everyone) so I will do my very best not to halt my progress.
    I love the sounds of those walks Allie ! The problem is getting my bum off the sofa and in the fresh air ! I have got a bit of school work to sort and then I will have no excuses.

Good luck everyone and welcome back Nicola ! xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

That is a superlative weekly result, wendleg! I am so impressed that you are able to complete a
    40 hr fast! Brava 🙂 I know you will do very well in Spain because you now have all the tools….I’ve
    never used keto sticks, but I know someone who has will be along soon to answer that question.
    I felt such a burst of energy when I reached ketosis that I allowed that to be my guide when I reduced
    the carbs to <20. At @ 40g per day just wasn’t “doing it” for me! Even now, if I approach 35g, I can
    feel the difference! Energy goes down and hunger goes up…That’s just me, though 🙂 Have a great
    weekend!!!

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

You’re doing really well Nicola, congratulations on the fast 🤗 A lovely week in Spain should give you quite a boost – warm weather makes it easier for me, at least, and there’s so much fish and delicious salads, not to mention olives. I was there a few weeks ago and had no problem staying on plan. Have a fabulous relaxing time .
    Allie, we’re into our normal Autumn weather of wind and rain – the trees lost half their leaves in the last 24 hours; when there’s a hurricane in the US we get the remains of it.
    Enjoy your walks – I’m so looking forward to seeing New England in Autumnwatch next week 🙂

• posted by EclecticRajistani
    on

I’ve had an awful week BSD wise. Gained 3 pounds. Tiredness, exhausting week and old habits die hard. I went to my comforting foods & gin last night. I feel guilty and weak that I couldn’t even complete the 8 weeks, it’s just so hard. My mind set is rather negative as just don’t believe I can do this or shift this 4 stone
    (I’ve lost a stone but scared I’m gonna put it back on) that carried over the last decade. I’m sorry for being rather gloomy 😿

Having said all that its lovely to hear your progress and the positivity. Well done on all your losses and holidays to look forward too.
    Xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

I found the tv schedule for PBS, Maggie! I won’t be viewing with you on monday, but will be waiting
    for Weds thru Fri nite, 8:00pm. I love the concept of this program, and very grateful that you alerted
    us all. 🙂 I know New Hampshire well, and really hope that you’ll be able to hear the loon’s cry out over
    the lake! They also do a charming dance that looks like running over the top of the water, seemingly
    defying gravity..(.Maggie, I used the address you provided, so I hope you received my email)

I hope many of you will be watching BBC2 on monday evening, too. I’d love to welcome you all
    to Autumn in New England!

Enjoy your day 🙂

Allie

• posted by wendleg
    on

C’mon Eclectic, you KNOW you can do this because you have seen the positive results in your first weeks. You have lost a stone and you CAN lose more of those .I would like to lose 4 stone too and we WILL do it.
    You will only put that stone back on if you carry on eating crap and that’s defeating the object.
    Now you understand that being exhausted is a trigger for the wrong foods so get prepared for that so you are ready with something nourishing.

Food is not the ‘friend’, food cannot really comfort you …it is to nourish you and make you feel great . You don’t feel great today but you will again.

Pick yourself up. Get back on track.Plan the meals and be wary of danger times you need to accommodate in your week.
    You are back on here so you have not given up entirely.I won’t let you do that my BSD buddy !!
    The 3 pounds gained will soon disappear. Forget the bad experience. Learn from it and move on
    Wendy xx

on

Hi Wendy,

Thank you so much for your words it means a lot. I will be printing off your words as a mantra and for support when i feel weak and demotivated. I’m not exaggerating when I say that in my real life I don’t have a fellow buddy to do this with. Everyone is normal healthy weight and i feel ashamed that I have let myself go in this way. But I have you as a buddy and the others so thank you. I almost left the group as just finding it so tough. But i didnt because i know this is working its just getting tough. I’m also due on hope that’s not too much info and I get very emotional and tired. I also have hypothyroidism and arthritis not excuses but it makes weight loss more challenging. But I know that there are people out there who have it worse and still manage it. So I need to have a reality check. Everything is relative I suppose. My father has diabetes and I need to work hard to prevent or at least delay it from coming.

Thank you for reading, listening and your support. My apologies for whining.

I haven’t eaten since yesterday so will be having a BSD brunch and followed by soup for dinner. I’m not quite strong emotionally. But baby steps. Day by day, one meal at a time.
    Here I go again…

• posted by wendleg
    on

No need to feel ashamed about ‘letting yourself go’ or not being ‘normal weight’ Eclectic. That’s a waste of energy. There are lots of different reasons we put on weight . I could have made a career out of it hee hee.

What is important is wanting to do something about it for health reasons. Don’ t compare yourself with others.

We are about positive ! I can’ t remember what having a period is like.I have been menopausal for a while now and that brings challenges too but nothing that can’t be sorted with a spare part or surgery 😉 A new hip cured my arthritis. I understand the additional emotional burden though so get prepared with some low carb treats for that time of the month. Have you got a nice log book or note book to track everything ( danger days ?)
    I bet there are people on here who can help with hypothyroidism. You know about the risks for diabètes….

It’s tough Eclectic but the rewards are boundless. Look at Allie, JGwen and our other fantastic friends who have achieved incredible results. They are the living proof this works. Their experience and research is invaluable.Keep reading the posts.Don’t you dare leave the group.I need you !
    And get one of the kids to hide the gin bottle !
    You will feel better soon Eclectic and we are always here to support you during the rough times.
    lots of love xx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Eclectic,
    I don’t think there are any of us who haven’t fallen off the wagon, or had to go back to the drawing board at some point in our journey. – I fell off a few times in my first 8 week round, and I have gone one to loose 6.5 stone. You can do it and it does get easier as time goes on. – The lesson to take from this experiences is that Carbs are addictive, and you need to be kind to yourself as you work out strategies for breaking their hold on you.
    OK, so now you realise there is a problem with turning to food when feeling stressed. – Time to find alternative stress releases. For me I have gone back to my childhood and bury myself in a good book so I am thinking about a different world / life and forgetting about the stresses in my own life for a little while.
    Rather than stressing yourself out thinking about the total weight you want to loose, think about it in stages, and think about a reward for yourself when you get to each stage.
    But the one key piece of advice I can give you is to work out your WHY. – Thinking about a reading on the scales is no where near as powerful as working out WHY you want to get the weight off. It may be avoiding the health problems, it could be an activity thats important to you and your weight is stopping you, or it could be something you want to wear or a social event. But whatever it is will be much more powerful to you when those carbs are calling to you than a reading on the bathroom scales that only you will see.

on

Thanks Wendy, this conversation has helped and your right on every point. I already feel positve and better for sharing my woe and negativity. A problem shared is most definitely halved, thank you.
    From today I start my 4 weeks of BSD Fast 800…I’m not going anywhere buddy!

Autumn is a beautiful season and I’m enjoying the colours of the trees and kicking the leaves with the children. Enjoy the BBC programme.
    Wishing you all a good weekend and see you next week xx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Eclectic,
    I don’t think there are any of us who haven’t fallen off the wagon, or had to go back to the drawing board at some point in our journey. – I fell off a few times in my first 8 week round, and I have gone one to loose 6.5 stone. You can do it and it does get easier as time goes on. – The lesson to take from this experience is that Carbs are addictive, and you need to be kind to yourself as you work out strategies for breaking their hold on you.
    OK, so now you realise there is a problem with turning to food when feeling stressed. – Time to find alternative stress releases. For me I have gone back to my childhood and bury myself in a good book so I am thinking about a different world / life and forgetting about the stresses in my own life for a little while. I am sure that others have said in the past that a pampering session with a long soak in the bath is their solution. Or maybe burning off your anger in the gym.
    I would recommend that rather than stressing yourself out thinking about the total weight you want to loose, think about it in stages, and think about a reward for yourself when you get to each stage.
    But the one key piece of advice I can give you is to work out your WHY. – Thinking about a reading on the scales is no where near as powerful as working out WHY you want to get the weight off. It may be avoiding the health problems, it could be an activity thats important to you and your weight is stopping you, or it could be something you want to wear or a social event. But whatever it is will be much more powerful to you when those carbs are calling to you than a reading on the bathroom scales that only you will see.

on

Hi JGwen,
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I take strength from the fact that I’m not the only one. And wow that you persevered and lost all that weight is so inspirational and motivating for me.

You’re absolutely right about carbs being addictive. And yes food the unhealthy kind has been my go to in stressful tiring times. I will work on some strategies to overcome this by being better planned and kinder to myself.

I have many notebooks for my writing and I’m taking Wendy’s advice about writing in one and I’m going to start with a chapter for all of the Whys!!! Chapter for strategies and my triggers too. And of course will be jotting down advice and tips to help me through this journey.

I am so glad I posted because you have all picked me up and now pushing me gently along this new way of nourishing this beautiful temple of ours. I am sending you all hugs of gratitude as every post in this group where you share your lives makes a real difference.
    😘🤗

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, everyone! I spent several hours skyping with a BSD friend today, so I’m only now catching
    up with real time posts. EclecticR, you do NOT want to leave the forum, or this plan for your
    future 🙂 Your instincts are spot on, and you have done exactly the right thing to bring your
    concerns here. That takes courage, and I’m proud of you for expressing them! I would be
    reduntant in rephrasing the sentiments already expressed here, for I share all of the
    sentiments already shared. JGwen owns the concept of discovering the “Why” that we’re
    seeking, and it is a profoundly sound way of considering this journey. Never lose sight of
    the fact that you have friends here, and the secret strength we have to share is the support
    we provide each other. If it’s necessary that you break your day down to one meal at a
    time, then do it. You will amaze yourself when weekly losses turn into monthly losses, and
    you are sailing along with your fate completely in your hands. The longer you cast out
    carbs, the easier it gets, and I promise you that the day comes when you no longer even
    consider them appealing. There are a lot of books that take our knowledge far beyond
    the life saving MMosley books, and you may want to increase your knowledge and committment
    by either checking them out of the library, or ordering them from Amazon. Gary Taubes book,
    “Why We Get Fat..and What To Do About It” lifted the feelings of shame and failure from my
    shoulders, and once I understood the concept of insulin resistance it was if the clouds
    parted and the sun came out, or being nearsighted and being given one’s first pair of corrective
    lenses. Please don’t burden yourself with negative thoughts 🙂 Everything wonderful is
    ahead of you! Embrace the gift that is this community…We are here for you 🙂 🙂 🙂

Allie

on

Hi Allie,

Thanks so much for your words and advice. I’m back on it! I have ordered the book and also Dr Fungs book as well. I do love to read and inform myself and I think it will help with my understanding of what is going on inside. Being insulin resistant makes sense to me. I think till this point I’ve been mentally thinking less calories and move more was the answer. But this hasn’t worked and if it has its been temporary. Also I identify with high wrong carb intake tends to drive me crazy with hunger and just not feeling full. I have to say BSD does satisfy the hunger. But it’s completely different to how I have felt before and I think a new way of being takes time to do but I’m determined to make this life change.

Again, I have skipped breakfast cos I just don’t feel hungry owing to a good BSD dinner and I feel good. And I’ve lost a pound of the 3 pound gain so my body clearly responds to the BSD principles. I’m looking forward to brunch and then a nice hallomi salad for dinner.

Listening and taken on all your postive and supportive comments makes the world of difference! I feel strong again and ready for this! So for those lurking, new BSDers and the amazing old timers I can’t wait for next week’s challenge and to hear from you all xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s so good to hear Eclectic !!
    Fabulous, Brilliant, Wonderful !!
    I don’t use the adjective ‘ awesome” but it definitely is !!!!
    Keep posting !

Wendy

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hahaa, I don’t use the word “awesome” either, Wendy 🙂 It’s been so overused that it has
    become virtually meaningless..Much the same as using “super” for every human endeavor
    back in the 80’s! You 2 ladies put a smile on my face. We old timers take a personal delight
    in watching newcomer’s progress, and embrace the world of low carbing with such enthusiasm.
    You’re both on fire! As long as you want to see a weekly thread, I will be here 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just a thought Allie !
    When is your special (70th) birthday celebration happening ??
    I hope I haven’t missed it ?
    xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

You haven’t missed it, Wendy! Coming up thurs. the 18th…I babble far too much about it,
    I know, but I find it really inconceivable that it is happening at all 🙂 I don’t feel a day over
    45, although the mirror tells me otherwise! Wonderful Kazz lies to me, and tells me that
    I look a decade younger, which is a beautiful gift in and of itself! Blessed friendship…I’m
    just delighted to feel healthy again, and have high hopes and a strong belief that any one
    of you has the power within you to do the same. Enjoy your Sunday!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh fantastic Allie ! So this week you have time to get your togs sorted. Go crazy , Allie ! Yes you have had an incredible couple of years and you deserve to feel the elation of your success after so many challenges.

Enjoy every minute of the build up to your special day. You are Allie rejuvenated, and I love your zest and joy for life . You are a total inspiration !

Ps togs = outfit 😉

• posted by Verano
    on

Ahh! Allie I went through the ‘experience’ last December and felt much like you, except, I’m still only 18 in my head!! I organised my own largish party only because I didn’t want a ‘surprise’! It was great, really enjoyed it, and your upcoming birthday is bringing back memories for me. I’m having an extended family dinner this year to celebrate the fact that I’m still here! In a bizarre sort of way I now feel ‘free-er, younger, more in control’ since my number got into a new set of 10’s. It’s almost like ‘never mind she’s an old lady doesn’t know what she’s doing’ syndrome ….. but boy I certainly do know what I’m doing!….. fun, fun, fun!
    At the end of the day it’s only a number! xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

I know what I’m doing too, V.! In one sense, it’s totally liberating 🙂 I say anything I please,
    prance around in age inappropriate python print leggings, and traveling on the back of a
    motorcycle doesn’t seem overly outlandish to me! I’m overjoyed that you’re having fun…
    I will be doing my best to stay in the same lane with you 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

LOL! You make me smile Allie! Python print leggings …… why not!!!
    Think one of my problems this year has been that I’m having too much ‘fun’. A week or so of weighing, logging and counting with Fatsecret has certainly woken me up to myself. I have been listing all ‘non-essentials’ in the snacks section and my what an eye opener that is. Now it’s a case of ‘snacks must go——just say no! I’m back on track!

• posted by alliecat
    on

We’ve got a new catch phrase to attach to the refrig, V! “Snacks must go..Just say no!”
    I like it 🙂 🙂 🙂 I’m not completely shameless..I do keep my bony derriere covered with a tunic!
    I’m looking forward to wearing a pair of leggings into my Dr’s and Dentist’s office, that have
    large skulls printed onto a black background, ala Halloween. I’m expecting surreptitious looks….

Wendy, our posts must have crossed each other yesterday! Togs are sorted, and I just
    tried on a little black jersey knit dress with a swingy skirt that I bought last Dec. It still fits!
    Now I only need the heels. I hope this makes you laugh….I’ve been wearing a pair of high
    heeled suede ankle boots around the house today, as practice, before I head for the shoe
    salon to try on something spike heeled and serious! Don’t care to trip in public and end up
    on the floor 🙂 What do you fancy, when your weight is where you want it to be?

Now it’s time to set up the thread for tomorrow…I’m looking forward to seeing you all
    continuing on. PandaBear? Eclectic? JGwen? All the usual suspects? Come along 🙂

• posted by KazzUK
    on

I’ll be there!
    Well done, Eclectic and Verano! 👏👏👏👏
    It’s true, our Allie could easily pass for late 50’s! 👠👠
    I’ve also been text book this week but made a point of not weighing every day. The linseed bread is what’s turned it around for me. Just knowing I have something in the freezer has take the lack of bread stress away! Breadaholic that I am! Such a relief to be back on track.
    Good luck for t9morrow everyone!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Definitely grinning here Allie ! I am looking forward to having a ‘bony derrière’ . That will be a first ! I love my flat shoes.I have never been able to wear heels. I literally think I would just keel over and be laid up for months. I think I would like to have a pair of well fitted jeans when I get down to a jean appropriate size. Haven’ t worn jeans since ….can’ t remember ! Trousers have been problematic, especially low waisted ones as everything just billows over the top. I did wear trousers ( stretchy ones ) to work today as it was raining heavily and they definitely felt more comfortable. I also wore a shirt and I could easily do up the last button .When I bought it late summer it was too tight to do up over my glorious belly !

For years I covered up in long black tunics and leggings . Sort of maternity togs. I just did not want to draw attention to myself. I have more recently dared to wear dresses and enjoy them , often vibrant colours and I love coordinating patterned tights à la Gudrun Sjoden. I admit to being a bit OCD about earrings though. They HAVE to match !! It’ s just cheap costume jewellery but if I buy an outfit I immediately go on to Etsy to find a lovely jewellery maker who makes exactly what I am looking for. Example : Boden has lots of quirky prints and one year I bought a lovely cord dress with a squirrel print. The earrings ? I found a beautiful pair of …..acorns 😉
    I wear recycled Nespresso capsule earrings too, lovely colours.

It’s my bit of crazy but I admire you Allie ! You wear those skull leggings ! So liberating ! I bet I could find matching earrings 😉
    I love the sound of that LBD with a swingy skirt. You will be a star on the dance floor ! Allie on Strictly !

(That’s Uk speak for a very popular celeb dance programme called ‘ Strictly Come Dancing ‘ love it ! )

I may not post tomorrow as I will be home very late and so will attempt another extended fast, crashing into bed when I get home xx

Hope everyone is happy and positive. Thinking of you all. Special thoughts for Eclectic xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

PS I am counting my carbs very methodically. I got hold of a book called ‘Carb and Calorie Counter’ which has over 1.700 photos of food stuffs with cals and carbs according to quantities. It’s very useful and cuts out any guesstimates . I wish I could get clotted cream or double cream in France. Crème fraiche is just not the same. There used to be a Marks and Spencer in Toulouse but they closed it down 🙁

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m very enamoured of your posts too, Wendy! You have a free spirit, and I’d like to see your
    squirrel print dress with the acorn earrings!!! It must be marvelous to live in France 🙂 How
    long have you been there? It would be lovely to hear about your career, too!

Kazz, you are fired up and completely back in the groove! You know I love this 🙂 I can
    allow myself the opportunity to relive the journey with everyone!

Natalie, how about you? You know that there is no judgement on this thread..We want to
    know how you’re doing 🙂 This will be my parting post for this week. Weigh -ins tomorrow,
    kids! Hoping to see everyone of you on the new thread. Enjoy your evening..Tomorrow is a
    new day, filled with opportunity..Madmare?

on

Hi Wendy,
    Thank you for thinking of me I’m feeling all your good vibes and it’s working as I have already posted in the next weekly challenge I’ve lost that 3 pound gain so back to a 16 pound loss! We have been to the south of France for 4 years on the trot and love it. The children are asking to go always. Sound like work and life are going well. Hope your day isn’t too hectic tomorrow. I miss being busy with teaching. But in a couple of weeks I’ll be in that classroom. 😬 Ps so gonna try & get that book you mentioned. And my Jason Fung book arrived! time to add to the how and why in my BSD journal JGwen.

I’m so intrigued by you all. Your choices in clothes and style sound fabulous, unique and brave. I love my earrings. For my 40th I got some lovely ones in Copenhagen. I’ve never thought of buying them from Etsy. As for Nespresso earring genius and I love the coffee and the colours. Purple iridescent is my fav.

Allie reckon you can wear anything you want you don’t sound like you give a damn what other people think, and that’s a wonderful way to be. I hope you have the best 70th!! Get spoilt and have some fun. Verano, Getting older is freeing in lots of ways. I genuinely mean it when I say ive got happier. I have my days (as did the other day) but mostly it’s good. My 17 year old self is still trying to kick it! So I say we are all the age we feel!

Natalie congrats on still losing and hope the testing goes well. Amazing staying power that you have.

Kazzuk it would be great to hear how your getting on next week too!
    I’m a serial long poster 🙈

See you kids on next weeks challenge xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

ANOTHER similarity, Wendy! I purchase almost all of my gifts for dear friends from Etsy!
    My favorite piece, a stretchy crochet bracelet made from Czech beads with one large handblown
    lampbead as an accent, is my signature everyday bracelet. I have 1/2 a dozen of them, and
    now always leave my gold at home when we travel. I believe the name of the virtual shop is
    thebigsheep, and recently I sent one off to one of my dearest friends. Have a look if you can find it!
    Julie Reed is a superb craftsman, and she’s willing to ship across the pond. Have fun!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning! My scales are moving down again! See you on the new thread.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Thanks Allie and ER, I’m still here and I’ve checked in on the new thread. Today is my last bread day, blood test tomorrow! I’m expecting a negative, it has definitely felt like junk food and sugar upset my tummy and give me mouth ulcers, not gluten. I’ll be glad to be rid of this heavy carby feeling, and also the sensation of bacteria breeding joyfully on the sugar in my throat. But on the down side, I won’t be able to use the gluten challenge as an excuse to eat garlic bread! (Hmm, what else can I put butter and garlic on? Endless possibilities. My kids like silverbeet because I put butter and salt on it, they say it tastes like popcorn!)

Please log in or register to post a reply.