I HAVE A PLAN – Week 9 starting Sept. 18th

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi friends! I hope everyone will be continuing with us for another week ๐Ÿ™‚ Tomorrow is the day to
    post our results for week 8, and formulate a focus for this week. I’ll be back next sunday, and will look
    forward to catching up with everybody. I’m going to do my best to be judicious about food choices
    while away, and concentrate on hydration, hydration, hydration! I always slack off when out of town,
    but we do have a mini fridge in our accomodations, so I really have NO excuse! Hard boiled eggs
    have already been made, and bagged up nuts and seeds are ready for transport. Have a wonderful
    and successful week ahead, and keep posting!!!

Allie

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Have a wonderful trip Allie!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for starting off this thread Allie, it’s much appreciated. Will be on board for another week and this time I pledge not to simply coast, but to get properly active in gaining that wriggle room I desire. Hopefully everyone from week 8 will be here too.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Have fun Allie!!

• posted by EclecticRajistani
    on

Have a great trip Allie,

Violinist, Hope you can enjoy your temporary digs and enjoy planning your new home.

SunnyB I’m on board for week 2 of my BSD so happy to be active too!

I did post this in the other forum where I met you all but don’t think it was noticed. I was sharing my success. I lost 7 pounds hopefully I can keep losing this week too.

Have a good week everyone and I couldn’t do this without your support
    Xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Yes I posted on another thread too to express my thanks for all the insight and advice which is so invaluable.

Thanks especially to allie and JGwen.( whom I just read had ONLY lost 6.5 stone !! Are you kidding me ! That is fantastic JGwen !!)

Well done EclecticRajistani ! 7 pounds loss is a brilliant start to your Journey. I’m on Week 3 now …onwards and downwards !

I am so pleased to have found this group. It means a lot to have a friendly support group . You are the best xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Well done eclectic!!!!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, each and everyone, for your holiday well wishes.!.I’m going to miss you all, but if I can find
    a WiFi friendly area to creep up upon, I’ll do my best to check in ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve found a place to rent bicycles,
    so hope it all comes back to me, like driving a car! Have a fantastic week. It’s a new season, and
    we’re marching toward the festive season together. So much better than doing it alone xxx

Allie

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks eclectic!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Wendleg,
    I think Allie takes the award for weight loss. 148lbs in 10 months is 10.57 stone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So, this is the starting point for week 9 and I’m ashamed to say I am beginning this week worse off than I did week 1!!! I have excuses for why I’m in the situation, but ultimately it’s down to lack of effort. So, starting point this week is 8st 9.8lb and my aim is to be down by at least 2.8lb by next Tuesday, regardless of the fact we are going to be away this coming w/e.

Plan for getting there – for the next three days weighing and measuring everything consumed; keeping hydration up, moving around more and extending overnight fasts. Fully aware I have said it all before and fully aware I have not been achieving, so concerted effort this time.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Sunny, we both know that you can reverse this little uptick on the scales ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve had a
    summer like yours, nothing tragic or out of control, just some sloppiness on my part. I
    think it’s helpful to try to psychologically shut the door on Summer, and get right into Fall
    eating patterns. It remains to be seen how I’ll manage while away, but I know that I first
    and foremost have to keep the hydration up! We just must refocus..so let’s do that together!
    It’s ridiculous that I’m awake at 4:00am! I can’t start banging around and wake up OH, so
    I’m signing in with you ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a great day, my friend. It seems that with each passing year
    there are more things to pack up! Who ever thought of blood pressure cuffs or vials of
    meds when we were young? In those days it was just throw some shorts and tops in
    a duffel bag, and GO!!!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hey SunnyB Wishing you a really successful week. I haven’t picked up on the exercise snacking yet – I’ve been too busy stripping paint on the next project. But I have been consciously making excuses to go up all the stairs (50ish) so that is getting me fitter! Good to see your plan to move more. I shall be with you!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning All!

• posted by wendleg
    on

OMG JGwen I am so in awe of you incredible ladies.

Allie !! 10 stone lost . That is a total INSPIRATION !!

Please stay around ladies to see us on our journey .xx

• posted by Jo Dedieter
    on

Good morning all, I totally agree with wendleg, you are an awesome bunch and I’m so glad to have found you all.
    I’m on day 4 week 1.
    Day 3 was tough as it was my partner’s birthday. Thanks to advice on here on Monday I managed quite well, apart from a couple of glasses of wine. When D said he wanted to go to our favorite Pizzeria in Manchester I smiled bravely. As advised I avoided carbs and worried less about the 800. There were only two carb free items on the menu (and they were both served with breads), I went for a baked aubergine dish and said no thanks to the Rosemary Bread, it was delicious.
    So thanks for getting me through day 3 relatively well, onward to day 4.
    Hope everyone has a fab day.
    Best wishes
    Jo

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning from Florida!

• posted by Jo Dedieter
    on

Hello Florida from Manchester UK!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hi Jo! How are you doing?

• posted by Jo Dedieter
    on

Great thanks, only on day 4 but very motivated. How about you?

• posted by Violinist
    on

have not made it to the end of the day yet. Many false starts. I keep reading everyones comments to encourage myself. My hardest hour is at 5 pm. For years hubby and I have had a cocktail at 5, before dinner and then wine at dinner. Breaking the habit is difficult when hubby does not want to.

My stats
    Female age 62
    173 lbs at 5โ€™4โ€
    a1c is 5.7
    fighting high triglycerides and cholesteral
    not prediabetic or diabetic
    goal 150

• posted by Violinist
    on

My first entry here was June 30. I am really procrastinating!

• posted by Jo Dedieter
    on

Oh Violinist I know exactly what you mean, I have the same problem with a habit of drinking, I get home from work and the first thing is to pour a glass of wine, and then keep pouring, it’s a really difficult habit to break. I am 57 and have something like 10 stone to lose… at least! I’m not diabetic or pre at the moment but most certainly at risk I’m sure. We have to come up with tactics to avoid that first drink. I’m going to put a full length photo of myself on the fridge, that should help remind me as its not a pretty picture! Instead I might log on here and check out all the amazing results people are having.
    Procrastination is also a talent of mine, but at least you are still here, stay here and I’m sure you’ll do really well. I’m still going to Slimming World and have my weight in tonight, as I have to drive I can’t have a drink before, so tonight’s test will be whether I make it home at 7pm with or without a bottle of wine to celebrate or commiserate my results – any excuse!
    I’m going to try thinking of the effort I put in during the day, food and exercise, and think I don’t want to waste that, I really want to be less fat and more healthy.
    I have been thinking that in the whole diet and exercise world there isn’t much mention of drink, but it’s THE biggest stumbling block for me. Perhaps we should start a thread for people with the same bad habit, what do you think?
    Best wishes
    Jo

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Jo, Hi Violinist
    Just wanted to send you a big dose of support and encouragement to keep you going.

I can’t give any tips about avoiding the dreaded alcohol as I can’t handle the stuff .It makes me feel pretty headachey very quickly.

Can you find a way to make one drink a treat and add it in to your calories ? It’s a habit I understand is hard to break if it’s a sort of ritual for you, Violinist but you can do it …you can . Alcohol is full of sugar …it’s not a friend ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m not sure about Slimming World as I’ve never done a group thing like that .Not sure how compatible it is with BSD ? Might get confusing as here we focus on low carb ?

Ladies we are around the same age. I turned 60 this year and weigh 95 kilos for 5 ft 4 ins and I am on Week 3 Day 3.I have lost 4 kilos and I know this program is going to take me further . There are some incredibly inspiring success stories on here. It really is possible. We all want to be healthy and live long, active lives. I’m committing . Come with me ladies ? You are in the right place to get all the support you need and to ask any questions you want.

JGwen and Alliecat can tell you about their incredible weight loss. Maybe ask them if alcohol figured in their plan ?
    Stay positive xx

• posted by Jo Dedieter
    on

Thanks so much, that’s really helpful. Reminding me wine is the dreaded sugar in disguise is powerful.

Slimming world doesn’t fit this way of life at all, however, I lost my first 2 stone with them and adapted their plan considerably. I’m not following their plan at all now but for the time being I like the discipline of the weight in! I will drop it once I’ve really found my feet on BSD and trust myself ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again
    Jo

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Hi Jo and Violinist. Just a thought but when you get home can you change your routine? I did this a while ago to avoid going for the biscuit tin as soon as I got home. Just go in a different door, get changed, anything really that is out of routine and not following the usual path to the first drink. Mixing up the โ€œritualโ€ helps your brain think differently about whatโ€™s next – or something like that ๐Ÿ˜€.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Jo, yes, I think it is a great idea for us to have some kind of a thread like โ€œAlternative to happy hourโ€ or Checking in at happy hourโ€ or โ€œSupport for Wining?โ€ – play on words

Wendeleg, I love your successful detail!

Annie, I am trying to do this: hubby has cocktail, Violinist has cinnamon apple tea.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

That tea sounds lovely Violinist.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Guys
    Jo, Violinist – I too was exactly the same! First thing I did was pour a glass of shiraz when I got home from work, which lead to a bottle a night! EVERY night! It’s true, finding a new ritual, and mine was to make a pot of tea! I bought a lovely china mug and a pretty teapot. That became my ritual and eating my dinner early. Once full, I’d not want alcohol. My ritual now is to make a small pot a fresh brewed coffee which I enjoy black. I live alone, so it was easy for me. Now I don’t think about alcohol in the week. I do allow myself 2 vodka, soda water and lime juice on a saturday night which fits into the BSD plan. Violinist, perhaps a small one of these with ice at 5pm then gradually just the soda water, lime juice in the week and just enjoy a couple at the weekend? I have a problem with feeling deprived so it works for me. Some people are all or nothing though, it is tricky. I have my annual check up with the Doc tomorrow morning followed by bloods taken by the nurse to check the usual things – liver, kidney, diabetes, cholesterol. At least I know I’ll weigh lighter than last year! I’ve also signed up with the surgery so I can access my test results online. It will be good to be able to see with my own eyes my readings! I’m curious to compare them with last year.
    Have a good day, everyone!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good 3:30 am from Florida, Kazz. I appreciate your notes on how you approached alcohol. It is encouraging to hear. Hey Kazz, let us know your great stats when you find out your blood test numbers. I see my doc in 7 weeks.

• posted by Jo Dedieter
    on

Hello all you wonderful people!

Thanks for all the great ideas, certainly lots to have a go at.
    I’ve been in a rush this morning and didn’t have time to do my usual stretching and strengthening exercises, I say usual but in truth I often fail to do them. So I’m thinking that I could make the drink danger zone a pamper me zone instead. Go upstairs, do my stretches, have a shower, use my mountain of smelly things and then meditate for a little while – while D does the cooking!!

Off to the mother in laws to do some cleaning and shopping today, that usually triggers the “need” for me and D when we get home, she’s a little trying ๐Ÿ˜‰

Violinist, love your thread ideas, lets go for it.

Have a good day everyone.
    Best wishes
    Jo x

• posted by Violinist
    on

Jo, I love your me-time ideas also!! OK, look for my mew thread.

• posted by mouche202
    on

Hi ladies, I’d like to join in please. I am on Week Day 4 and am slowly starting to get the hang of things. Yesterday was a bad day but every day is a new one. I am 39 years old, I have one 6 year old, a full time desk job, and a husband who miraculously is doing a modified version of this with me. I am 5′ 7″ and weighed 98.3 kg (15.5 stone) on Day 1. I am not prediabetic but I have high blood pressure; hubby has been diabetic for 12 years now though not insulin dependent.
    Though technically I am doing the 800, I am happy to stay around 1000 calories and 50g carbs. Of course, I am trying to go lower but I’ve decided not to beat myself up about it if i don’t.
    Look forward to learning a lot from you all!

on

Hi Violinist, Jo,
    I have to say the whole not drinking thing was tough and we were having way too much from about May when I turned 40 to a couple of weeks ago. I’m now treating myself in different ways a book, some time out (I have three young children) and I’m now looking to refresh my teaching experience. As I realised I have been drinking cos I was bored. Oh dear bored housewife for me. I’ve done some writing but has been hard to motivate myself! Anyway sorry long and short of it, everything has needed a shake up! And boy does this BSD 800 do that!! I find having done my workout at the gym (where I feel massive compared to the gym bunnies) I’ve worked quite hard and I’m not gonna spoil that by opening up the wine. So far working but it’s hard on a Friday and the weekend I will be indulging in a low tonic and G&T after 8 weeks of no drinking! Good luck ladies and I am very inspired and supported by all your comments.

Welcome Mouche22, I was you about a week ago! And these lovely ladies have been amazing so your in the right place! I don’t always manage 800 because of the gym work or im just plain tired due to PMT was almost at the chocolate yesterday but instead had coffee with a little frothy milk and some chocolate powder. The first days is a big adjustment but I can honestly say I feel full for longer and really enjoying most days. You can do this!!
    Almost Friday here and then the weekend hope you have good ones xx

• posted by mouche202
    on

Well Week 1 is over for me and despite 2 days when the call of carbs was just too much, it has gone ok. We have been able to adapt at least some of our recipes to this way of eating. Swapping out rice for cauliflower rice really helps, as does eating more eggs.
    So, weigh in today, and I know it’s mostly water, but even so, I can report a massive 3.8 kg loss (just over 8 pounds)!

My husband has also been doing this with me (though he does have a lot more calories and carbs as he couldn’t hack the proper 800) and he lost 700 g (1.5 lb) – but he has also seen huge drops in his blood sugar (he is diabetic) and has had to tighten his belt a notch.

So we are motivated for next week! Hope everyone had a super weekend with great losses.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Nice going Mouch!

on

Congrats Mouche22,
    That’s brilliant! I lost 7Ibs in my first week who cares if it’s water it will do for now! I have finished my second week and I lost another 4 pounds! It’s very motivating as you say and the clothes feeling less tight is definitely a good thing. We can do this!

I have book club this week and everyone will be asking why I’m not snacking or drinking just have to demonstrate strong willpower. Wish me luck!

The weekend was a little tough going I should have posted but then threw myself into decluttering and clearing out old clothes. I gave my 11 year old a top I wore 15 years ago and she couldn’t believe I was slim once upon a time. I realise that I have not looked after myself physically for almost a decade now. But that’s all changing now thanks to BSD and to this group.

How are the rest of you getting on?
    Xx

• posted by Jo Dedieter
    on

Hi all
    EclecticRajistani, all very motivating indeed! I tried on a dress yesterday that has been too tight and hey presto it’s fine. I’ve been wearing dresses that are too big now I’ve lost over 2 stone, but not quite fitting into my smaller clothes yet so that’s a good step. I’m now going to start chucking out my too big dresses so I can’t go back!
    I have a massive wardrobe of beautiful clothes to slim into (many I never even got to wear), I’m going to hang a couple of my favorite things up on the cupboard doors to remind me every morning that I will wear them eventually!
    Have a good day everyone.
    Jo x

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone

Some brilliant results ! Well done mouche, Jo, Eclectic. You are amazing.

Noone said it would be easy but what is important is that we can face the challenges head on and find strategies to cope..

It’s great to get a good result, looser clothes and to start feeling good about ourselves. I went into school wearing a coral dress today which my hubby said looked good and so did lots of my colleagues.I’m curvy but I embrace that and I felt good ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Good for you Jo . You’re doing great and yes, chuck out the bg clothes , go for it !

Would love to lose the ‘apron’ of blubber which hangs over my belly. That is my goal . I’m 5 kilos down as I begin Week 4 and I intend to carry on and be healthy. That apron has to go !
    Have a great Week everyone

on

Wow Jo, 2 stone that’s fantastic and I love that your throwing those big dresses out! Sounds like you’re on the way to those other dresses. I have stored my smaller clothes for now as I don’t believe at the moment (newbie as I am) can get there. But hearing your stories of success hopefully I can hang them out soon!

Wendleg, congrats on your loss and that coral dress. 4 weeks in and you’re still losing long may that continue. It spurs me on as I start week 3. I totally understand that apron belly have got one myself! But we can do this. So glad I have this support as I don’t know anyone ( well at least they haven’t declared) that they follow BSD. My peer group are all quite slim and healthy so it’s not something I can do with anyone else. But the main thing there’s all you lovely ladies who are here!
    Have a great week everyone and look forward to hearing from you again xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’ve been getting caught up on posts this morning..So happy to see that everyone is feeling so positive
    about this lifestyle! A very warm welcome to all newcomers to the weekly thread. First thing I did after
    returning home from the beach was to set up week10 thread ๐Ÿ™‚ Let’s continue our conversation over
    there! I have a thing or 3 to say about “the apron”, ladies….It can GO, I promise !

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

To bow out of this thread, the scales showed 6lb less than this time last week. However, I have been poorly and ended up with an unplanned fast of three days, so actually this represents a small bounce back from the lowest I have been in the last week.

Allie, good to have you back and I’ll see you and everyone else on the week 10 thread ….

Please log in or register to post a reply.