I didn't just fall off the wagon…I leapt

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chani
    on

So, I managed 1 week in the 800 fast following it to the letter. I made the mistake of weighing myself after one week and I hadn’t lost anything. ๐Ÿ˜ข
    As a result I went haywire and ate a load of crap. My intent is to start again tomorrow and my partner now wants to do it with me.
    I have a question though. Is it ok to do the 800 fast as a fast (ie eat 800 kcal in the evening), or do you have to eat 3x per day?

• posted by AnnieW
    on

You can eat them how you want Chani.
    Before you re-embark can I suggest measuring yourself, if you haven’t already. Measure the usual places and some unusual ones, like your neck. Just because the scales haven’t moved doesn’t mean you are not losing. Many of us have found our bodies are shrinking even though the scales remain the same.

You were obviously doing something right if your partner watched and wants to join in! Hopefully you can encourage each other – and we are certainly cheering you on from here (and offering advice, a shoulder or a kick up the b*m – use as appropriate).

As for measuring everywhere I had to have some links taken out of necklaces as they became too long for the necklines I wore them with.

I know it is very hard but try not to let the scales derail you. Best wishes for your re-start.

• posted by Chani
    on

Thank you AnnieW for your response. You are quite right about the body measurements. It makes sense that this would be a better indicator of body changes. I will do that tonight before I start again tomorrow.
    I’ll happily take the kick up the bum today. I need it. ๐Ÿ˜œ
    Thank you again. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I second Annie’s excellent advice, and I’ll add that since your partner is now on board too, you should throw out all the carbfest options in your kitchen. It takes a little time to detox in the beginning, and having an abyss to leap into is not helpful.

Also, have you been counting carbs or just calories? Not all calories are equal, and it could be that you’ve been retaining water because your carb count is still quite high even without sugar, wheat, cereals, grains and starchy root vegetables. Even if you’re following the recipes in the book, some of them are higher in calories that they say and are surprisingly high in carbs. Use an app like MyFitnessPal or Fat Secret to calculate the cal and carb count in a meal during the planning stage. You might be surprised by what you see. A lot of people aim to keep to around 50 grams of carbs a day since that puts you in a fat-burning state. Some of us had to drop it even lower to less than 30 or even 20 grams. I’m insulin resistant, so I stick with less than 20 even now that I’m in maintenance.

Be resolute, Chani. This process is not linear. There will be ups and downs. Even so, only you control what you eat and drink. You are not a slave. Nobody and certainly no dumb, unsatisfying carby food can own you. Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.