I am pre-diabetic!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tripplebellybuster
    on

When I was in my 20’s 30’s I regularly used to diet on 800 cals a day, it was the only way I could lose weight when needed so I know how good and healthy it makes me feel, however the years have passed and bad habits have overtaken. TOMORROW I start this diet, bought the ingredients to start twice now but failed to even begin, guess if I join the Forums here I will get some motivation, a few days of the diet under my belt and I know I’ll be on a role! just getting started seems to be the problem so far. Anyway, there you go, look forward to reading post on the forums.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi TBB — welcome to the conversations! I think if you drop in here a few times a day it will help you find the willpower to stay motivated — there are many interesting threads or you can start your own — just start posting anywhere you like!
    I’m a long ways down the road at this point but I still know and even argue with myself now and then about staying the course (I got to maintenance last July) — when I am being less focused and I start to wander (eat too much/wrong choices) I go back to a couple of fundamentals that have worked for me: be really careful about measuring/weighing; write down everything and keep your daily diary with you; cut the sugar in all forms to as low as 20 grams per day to get control of your appetite; fit in some long fasts (I can’t get past about 20 hours but that is very helpful for me in resetting appetite).
    Get a copy of Gary Taubes book, “Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It” — it is the perfect companion to the BSD and it finally explained to me why I couldn’t get a handle on the weight until I ABSOLUTELY changed (forever) how i ate and what I ate. Best thing I ever did for myself.
    The best thing is that as you start on this journey, you will find your entire physical self changing and you will love the new way of eating and how you feel. So just start — do it perfectly or “poorly” — it doesn’t matter — it will still work and you will “learn” how to do it better and better as you practice!
    Just start.

• posted by Tripplebellybuster
    on

Thankyou CG, I will post my experiences, I have ordered the book you mentioned, just really excited now at the very beginning of my journey!!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Good to hear TBB! I will be happy to read about your successes!

Please log in or register to post a reply.