Hypothyroid with a fatty liver

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by devonian_een
    on

Hi all
    So I am about 10 days into serious dieting, halving my intake and cutting carbs and breads. Some good looking recipe ideas in the 8 week blood sugar diet and some healthier changes to the intake should make for a better lifestyle. Lost almost 3kg already, down from 94kg, and looking slimmer already. With a BMI in the low obese category and a family history of diabetes, a fatty liver in my abdomen ultrasound was the last thing I wanted to hear.
    I am also hypothyroid, since birth (living proof that newborn heel prick tests actually work!) so energy levels and metabolism often take a back seat. Blood levels have been stable for approx 5 years but probably need to consider reducing my dose with my GP’s input.
    Working on the moving more, it’s great to be out on a bike again and the clocks changing will help. As will swimming pools reopening hopefully soon if UK lockdowns allow.
    Wish me luck !!
    Een 34 of Devon UK

Please log in or register to post a reply.