Hubby is off the metformin !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by emma67
    on

Good Evening everyone
    What an amazing journey so far.
    We started 4 weeks ago a bit apprehensive and worried that we would be starving, grumpy and arguing.
    We couldn’t have been more wrong, this way of eating has inspired me to try different things, be creative and care about what we eat. There is so much more to eating than opening the freezer!
    We look at carbs in a completely different way, not wanting to eat them, not wanting to feel the way they make you feel. Its a shame that there are so many out there who need this and dont even know how good it will make them feel.
    My hubby is T2 and from day 1 has been doing his sugars first thing and 2 hrs after dinner. After a couple of weeks the readings where mid 4s so we decided to drop 1 of the metformin, we did this for about a week still taking am and pms readings and they didnt go up as we had expected so we stopped the other metformin last monday. Initially his sugars rose a bit but where still under 7 and now they are between 5-6 everytime. On top of losing a stone, he is chuffed and feeling thinner and healthier. He only wants to loose another 1/2 stone and then go onto maintenance.
    And me well Im not diabetic and just along for the ride, life experience has taught us that together is better.
    I made a few minor adjustments to my diet about 4 weeks before we started this, and to date have lost 1 stone 11lbs. 🙂
    To say Im happy is an under statement! Had a wardrobe clear out already and like many that top you really liked but didnt fit is in the wearable pile again. I have also had to buy new pants, and because the tummy is not so big, managed to get some pretty ones !
    This is probably the best thing we have ever done.
    So everyone out there keep going, be strong, be committed and you will get there.
    Its a way of life
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.