How quickly do you stop feeling hungry?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by DemiMondaine
    on

I’m on day two so still doing the carb cold turkey bit, wondering how soon I will stop craving carbs?

• posted by Steve T
    on

It is fair to say it varies from person to person. In my case, I felt hungry and craved carbs for a couple of days and then it passed. I read elsewhere on here that once the body starts drawing calories from elsewhere ie your unwanted fat, the hungry feelings pass. That seemed true for me. Sometimes now – I’m in Week 6 – I find myself struggling to finish BSD meals. At other times I can feel very hungry but find that a few berries, nuts or a glass of water works to fend them off.

The craving for carbs passes. Mind you, having said that, I do still miss my toast and marmite! I now have the marmite but on celery. How times do change!!!

Stick with it – it WILL get easier.

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi I am finding I can now tell the difference between mouth carb hunger and the real need for food . Not sure I will ever lose my love of carbs but oh so feel better without them I think they were killing me slowly sorry if that sounds dramatic but it’s true for me . I truly believe I was/am addicted to them.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Collie
    Dead right!! As I have been writing & telling those in power. Simple Carbs are killing Type 2 Diabetics. I am type 2 & so we’re both my late parents. And their treatment was & did kill them! It has to change. It WILL change.
    Keep on keeping on

• posted by Nicky72
    on

Hi. I’ve just completed day 2! Has anyone experienced low moods in the the first couple of days. Nicky

• posted by OzVeggy
    on

Days 2 and 3 were the toughest for me. I felt like my stomach was eating itself from the inside out.

Pretty good since then. If I get that hungry again I have a hot chocolate (made with water, 47 cal) or a miso soup (28 cal).

• posted by JCH187
    on

The first 4 days were the worst for me but each day after that I felt an improvement and I’m now at the end of week 2 and have no cravings or constantly feeling hungry. I generally felt a bit rubbish to begin with but knew it wouldn’t last as almost everyone said they felt the same.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

I’m going to be honest, if not PC here, because it might help someone else. I have had hunger for all of the thirteen weeks I have been on BSD, but not all the time, maybe every four or five days when it really has been tough. The rest of the time I am fine, but hunger has never really just disappeared completely and I was very careful with carbs. That said, on the days where I was just starving, I ate a bit more of fat and protein and that was immensely helpful. I especially ate chicken or beef and cheese when I needed more calories. I am 13 weeks in and 9 full inches off my waist — I am down to a U.S. Size 10 — so it has truly worked. A fantastic outcome for me BUT it isn’t fair to say that no one will get hungry. I think it is important to say you MIGHT get hungry, so here’s a good way to deal with it. It is still a low calorie diet — listen to your body — catching hunger early and feeding it a bit of good food can keep you from falling off the wagon later.

Please log in or register to post a reply.