how many carbs do you get from nuts, beans, and lentils?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chiangmai Grandma
    on

This is my second day and I am trying to get my carbs from nuts and beans and lentils, but I am uncertain how much you get from like 2 tbsps of nuts or 1/2 lentils. I am a type 2 diabetic and I want to make sure that I get enough. thanks for any help!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

I use the fatsecret app and that allows you calculate carbs etc in cups, grams, ounces etc and is really good. Lots of people use myfitnesspal but I just couldn’t get to grips with it!

Think you may just have to watch the calories with nuts. Very good for you but only in small portions!

Good luck

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Yes, try an app – I do manage with MyFitnessPal, which I find helpful – it shows you all sorts of interesting things about the makeup of the food.

If you can keep your grams of carbs under 50g per day, that does help with weight loss.

Re nuts – just to let you know, it’s not the carbs which are the problem but the calories. For instance 25g of mixed nuts (which is not really a lot,probably c 20 – 22 nuts) is 166 calories, 1 carb, 16g fat. The fat isn’t a problem, on BSD full fat is good and it fills you up. But if you’ve only got 800 calories to play with, do use nuts in moderation!!

🙂

• posted by Chiangmai Grandma
    on

Thank you and I’ll try it. Sometimes things are difficult to get hold of in Thailand.

Please log in or register to post a reply.