How does your morning blood sugars change during BSD?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JanneB
    on

Hi,
    I’m just passed week 4 on my BSD.
    When I started my morning blood sugars were at around 7 with 2 mg of Metformin daily.
    Today, starting week 5, the levels are around 6 (5.9-6.3) without any Metformin at all.
    I’m checking around 7 each morning, straight out of bed, before breakfast.

What is you experience? Can the levels drop more the coming weeks?
    Anyone into week 8 or so who has kept track?

PS I have lost around 18 pounds and 10 cm around the waist during my first 4 weeks. So I’m still a happy pup 🙂

• posted by donnyman
    on

Mine went up in the first few days and have fallen gradually since I started on first November. Now tend to be high 4’s. They are not all that reliable over a few days but over a few weeks the trend is useful.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Yes your levels can drop more, mine was 8.2 on the HbA1c test, then 6 weeks later it was 6.9, 12 weeks after that 6.2 and now 5.9. I am hoping to have gone down again when I am tested in 2 weeks but even if I remain the same it will be on less insulin so an improvement anyway. By the way, you might have to watch out for going too low and have some planned snacks, like a couple of prunes with a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt or a few nuts or dried fruit or seeds.

• posted by JanneB
    on

Thanks for your insights!
    I’m lucky not to have started on insulin, and I’m completly off Metformin now, so there is a low risk for me to go too low.
    I’m, as for now, only testing the fasting sugerlevels, but I’ll certainly test the HbA1c in a few weeks. Last time I looked, 5 weeks ago it was at 49 (with Metformin). Hope that it will show improvement.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

you have to get your doctor to do HbA1c (or nurse) as it is blood from a vein and can only show your levels over the previous 12 weeks so if it is only 5 weeks since the last it will not give a good idea of what has happened so far.

Please log in or register to post a reply.