How do you do your Fast Days?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by carina62
    on

I am doing my Fast Days at the moment by having a light protein breakfast then my main evening meal at around 7pm. How do others do others do it? Wondering if I should skip breakfast and just have a light lunch or could I alternate? Thanks

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

There is no way that I could function all day through an afternoon without food so I fast overnight by eating an early dinner (somewhere between 5-7 pm) and then going through the night, skip breakfast and eat lunch whenever I really need it (usually around 12- 1 pm). That gets me 18-19 hours of fasting which works great. I try to do it as much as I can. My body makes it very clear when I really need to eat again! I really really love my lunch on those days! Now and then on weekends, I make my post-fast lunch big (800-1000) calories and then fast again on through the following morning. i have actually started to enjoy fasting — me, piggy 😜! Imagine!

• posted by carina62
    on

Yes I think I might alternate some Fast Days and skip a breakfast and have a light lunch, I quite like the idea of a long Fast and it seems to be working for me, not only am I losing weight, my BS are lowering too, wish I’d done this 9 years ago when I was diagnosed Type 2 diabetic, still better late than never.

• posted by Funkydoofamily
    on

I do my Fast days on my busy work days, Monday and Thursday. I don’t eat after 6pm the night before and then have breakfast when I get to work around 9am. So 15 hours fast to start. My lunch varies but usually chicken /egg salad and evening meal is usually fish and veg. Then leave my breakfast as late as possible on the following morning. And lots of water – I’ve found I can keep going as long as I’ve had plenty of water. Hope that helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.