How can I increase the fat?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Emjomo
    on

Simple question but difficult when I don’t want to increase calories. Please help

Em x

• posted by Bill1954
    on

It’s a trade off, you cut out the carbs and replace the lost calories with fats.
    There is no way to increase fat without increasing calories so you have to lose some from somewhere.

• posted by Emjomo
    on

I don’t think I worded it right ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

How do I get the right balance of fat with my calories so I stay full between meals?

So used to using pasta/rice and no fat

• posted by KJ77
    on

Hi emjojo – I am in week 9 and at the beginning struggled with getting fat as for years I avoided it . I started doing all my stir frys with coconut oil and if hungry (normally around 4 pm) having a few nuts or a bit of cheese – hugely satisfying. Always full fat yoghurt, some berries and flaked almonds for breakfast. I normally have salads for lunch and add avo or feta or make sure I have mackerel or salmon.
    I hope this helps – I try to have no more than 40g carbs a day.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Another idea is to have a little feta cheese salad with your dinner – few baby spinach leaves, dressed with olive oil and seasoned and then some feta cheese. Delicious and refreshing.

I also often have halloumi cheese with my breakfast eggs. Mmmm

But you do have to plan those calories in – I use MyFitnessPal to note everything and plan ahead.

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.