HOW ARTIFICIAL ZERO SUGAR SYRUPS / LIQUIDS = MY INCREASE IN SUGAR CRAVINGS

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Davidh
    on

Trying to be clever, I started, around two months ago, to use zero sugar coffee syrups and also liquid zero sugar liquids in water. I also continued to drink Pepsi Max and discovered the Pepsi Max Cherry and new Ginger options! Bad move. Without doubt, all of these contributed to sugar cravings as various points during the day. In my case mid morning, mid afternoon and late evening. I’ve disposed of my remaining bottles of all the above and will try to stick to water and Roobos tea. As I was also, I think drinking too much coffee with milk. Just a personal thing but I thought some of you might find it interesting. My brain sensed the sweetness and kicked into sugar craving mode. The exact opposite of what BSD promotes! David.

• posted by Jenni from the Block
    on

Non sugar sweeteners triggering increased BG and carb cravings is exactly what MM details in the BSD.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Artificial sweeteners make the body think it is going to get sugar (energy) and when it doesn’t I feels a bit cheated so ramps up the cravings so you will give it something sweet again. They can also turn off the fat burning mechanism in some scientific explanation that you can find somewhere on this site. Well done for throwing them out, you will feel better for it.

• posted by Davidh
    on

Absolutely and well put. Looking at my weekly and daily calorie intake since starting on these zero sugar liquids, I can see I increased throughout that period compared to when I began the BSD. Counter productive!

Please log in or register to post a reply.