"Holy blood sugar Batman" I've lost NINE lbs in my first week!!!!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Phreckles
    on

I’m quite literally skipping as I walk this morning. I started BSD last Thursday – weaned myself into it over the weekend (staying around 1,000 calories with little or no bread, potatoes, pasta, rice or sugary crap). My plan was to get in to full BSD 800 by Monday. I lost 5 lbs the first day and 2 over the weekend and then nothing until this morning. I was more than happy with the initial loss (seven lbs is nothing to sneeze at) but when I stepped on the scale this morning – I actually squinted as I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Nine lbs lost in one week!!!!! That has NEVER happened to me in all the years I’ve been “dieting”. I want to thank everyone here who has helped me with getting started this first week. I wish I could remember all the names, but whomever it was suggested to someone else to look for Linda A’s guidelines – THANK YOU! Then, through Linda A, I found Lucia – OMG that woman is so FUNNY!! Love her.
    I know I have a long road ahead – my initial goal is to lose 2.5 stone which will get to me a weight I held for years and at which I was reasonably comfortable – less than 2 stone to go now!! After that, I’ll see how things go. I will for sure stay on BSD 800 past the recommended 8 weeks as I’m fairly certain, it’ll take me longer than that to reach my first goal.

Here is my food plan:
    Breakfast: Coffee (2 T cream) – I used to drink three or more cups a day with LOADS of cream and sweetener so this is a big change for me
    Lunch: Mixed green salad with 3 oz grilled chicken, 1 T of pistachios, 1/2 avocado, shredded red cabbage and yogurt cilantro avocado dressing OR Miso and mushroom soup (this is super low calorie and carb – 45 cals and 5 carbs but warm and satisfying and I’ll have that if I don’t have time to eat a big salad – then I double up on protein and fat for dinner)
    Dinner: Same as lunch (I know this will get boring after a while – but now, I just love it and it takes a long time to eat which is good)
    Snacks: (if I need them) rolled up turkey slices with hummus and horseradish (yum)!!
    My food nutrition count per day is: Calories 800 – Carbs 20 g – Fat 53 g – Protein 60 g
    (I’ve played with this all week (thanks MyFitnessPal) and think I’ve finally settled on a good balance though it might change a little.
    Does this seem ok?
    Haven’t begun to exercise yet but that will start this weekend – plan on doing a combo of walking, yoga and the plank

• posted by Madmare
    on

Phreakles that is so well done!!!!
    Your diet looks great I like the idea of miso and mushroom soup I am going to try that!
    I agree with you about Lucia she is hysterical.
    Keep up the good work at this rate that 2.5 stone will be gone in no time!,

• posted by LindaA
    on

Excellent Phreckles,
    So glad your first week worked well for you, it sounds like you have the discipline and planning to continue till your goal and into maintenance 👏😀
    Don’t be disheartened if you don’t lose much in your 2nd week. I lost 4.6kg in my first week but only .4kg in my second week, then I seemed to settle on an average of around 1 – 1.5 kg per week.
    The exercise is important as is drinking water and adding salt to your food.
    Keep posting and let us all know how you get on.
    Congrats again on your first week!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Phreckles
    on

Hi Madmare and LindaA
    Thank you both for your responses.
    Madmare – yes, that soup is great – a real life saver when time is a factor!
    Linda, wow!! 4.6 kg the first week – that’s more than ten lbs. Amazing. I am not expecting to see much scale movement this week but I plan to re-measure tomorrow to see if any inches have disappeared. The idea that I could lose 1-1.5 kg a week would put me over the moon. I know though that we’re all different and I don’t expect to have that happen to me. As for my having discipline?? I don’t know about that!!! If I had enough of that, maybe I wouldn’t be in my current situation. I was on track last year to reaching my initial goal and totally blew it when on vacation – that would have been fine, if I’d started back when I returned, but I didn’t. I continued to eat all the wrong things and wasn’t walking upwards of ten miles a day. That’s why I’m back, almost where I began this time last year. Not very disciplinary if you ask me!!! Still, that was then and this is now. Also, I think, if I do keep coming here, as you suggest, I may have a very different end result this time around. I had an “online coach” last year for the first sixteen weeks of my weight-loss programme and it was super helpful. I’d check in anytime I wanted with questions and would get support and encouragement from the coach. I can get the same thing here but from many many coaches!! That will be one of my most important daily goals – along with drinking three litres of water – tracking every bite I eat on MFP – third on the list will be checking in here to soak up some wisdom and perhaps, eventually, share some of my own. Work is beckoning so I’d best get started.
    Bye for now, enjoy the weekend everyone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.