HIIT

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Does anyone out there do HIIT. If so what exercises do you do and how have you found it?Need something for someone out of condition!! Thanks

• posted by Babs
    on

I’ve been doing cycling HIIT for around 3 months – I downloaded the MM app on this website and adjusted the interval settings as per the Tabata program. There is a an ABC Catalyst program (Australia) on the net that has a lot of information on various intervals etc. Worth a look if you are just starting out.

I do the exercise 3 times a week for 9 mins per time. Quite honestly the 9 minutes is easy to fit in and is so short that there is no excuse.

I did some swimming laps yesterday after not swimming for around two months and my lung capacity was great – I was never out of breath.

I also do quite a lot of walking and my fitness has improved significantly – leg strength particularly.

I did initially consider other types of exercise for HIIT but I think it would difficult to really get the intervals right.

Give it a go – it’s a great option.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Babs,thanks for that but haven’t got a bike and can’t swim!! I need something that doesn’t involve equipment. Sounds as if you are doing really well. Will look at Catalyst ABC.

Please log in or register to post a reply.