High Fat Pudding Experiment.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Whalleyrange
    on

I’ve been BSD for 8 weeks and have found it very effective in reducing weight (15kg) and keeping BS in normal range. But I do still miss a really nice pudding. So I decided to do a one off experiment and find out what impact having a high fat/sugar pudding would have.

On Friday 13th I weighed 105.2 kg. Had a dinner of salmon, mushrooms and green beans at 5.30 pm. my BS at 6.45 pm was 5.

My pudding consisted of a 100 g slice of Belgium chocolate cheesecake with a 100 g serving of Cornish clotted cream. That’s 908 cals, 85 g fat and 26 g sugar. Yep I was going for a big one.

I had this fat fest at 8 pm and it was totally gorgeous. At 9.30 pm my BS was 6, I tested again 30 mins later and still 6.

On the Saturday 14th my pre and post BS levels were 5 and 5.5.

On Sunday 15th (am) my weight was 104.2 (a loss of 1 kg) and still in state of ketosis.

I’m not offering any reasons for the seemingly lack of impact of eating the fat fest pudding as I am no dietitian/scientist but the principles behind the BSD and Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) may be at play.
    I don’t intend to do this every day but maybe a celebratory fat binge every now and then may not be such a bad thing.

• posted by MooLoc
    on

Sounds lovely! Interesting experiment. Can I ask how you know you were in a state of ketosis? I asked in Boots for ketosis sticks but they were £30 for ten and the assistant didn’t think I’d really need them.

• posted by Whalleyrange
    on

Hi MooLoc, I was reading the articles on Diet Doctor about Ketosis and its role in using fat as the bodies energy source. As not diabetic I don’t really need to test this but was interested to see what my body is using for its energy needs. Bought Ketostix by Bayer from Amazon. £6.50 for 50 strips. Its a colour code system so will not give precise reading just a range. I was using one a day to see if still in Ketosis but have now dropped to a few times a week just to check.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Mooloc, you can get them at Asda pharmacies, £5.95
    Whalleyrange, congratulations on the weight loss but that’s not an experiment I could try, just a handful of nuts at the wrong time spikes my BS

• posted by Whalleyrange
    on

Cheers Bill I know where to go when I run out of these ketostix. If I was T2 I would never have been so rash in the fat/sugar fest. Thankfully my BS have been so stable on BSD that it was worth seeing how my body reacted. Although I try to stick to the 800 cal daily limit I still do try to include as much natural fats as possible. I thinks that what makes the LCHF way of eating so attractive and something I plan to try once I reach my target of 100 kg.

Please log in or register to post a reply.